What are you working on (in May 2023)?

Cassel

Date-01-2023.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in May be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyways.

I always start off with a Wildcat Calendar for the month. Here's May: The Sand Cat, a tiny, tough desert dweller. I also posted this on the Facebook group, Scrapbooking with PaintShop Pro in larger format that will print landscape, 11"x8.5" I have mine on my refrigerator.

WILDCAT CALENDAR-MAY 2023-THE SAND CAT-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

I always start off with a Wildcat Calendar for the month. Here's May: The Sand Cat, a tiny, tough desert dweller. I also posted this on the Facebook group, Scrapbooking with PaintShop Pro in larger format that will print landscape, 11"x8.5" I have mine on my refrigerator.

WILDCAT CALENDAR-MAY 2023-THE SAND CAT-600.jpg

Love this layout and the gradient is beautiful.  It's hard not to want to take these little spitfires home.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

I'm not sure where to post this, but Abstract Curves is free on Give Away of the Day today.

I guess it is ok here, but if you add a link it will be easier for viewers to get it, especially considering that it has to be installed TODAY only.

10 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I guess it is ok here, but if you add a link it will be easier for viewers to get it, especially considering that it has to be installed TODAY only.

I went to the website (googled it) and only found a trial version for free and the full version is $20 (presuming it's USD).  I couldnt find anything free.  Looks cool though, and very complicated as well.

11 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I didn't know if I could post a link, but here it is :Giveaway of the Day. Abstract Curves 1.190 + 2 Bonus Presets Packs - AbstractCurves is an image generator to create stunning wallpapers or posters. I also posted it on Paintshop Maniacs and so did Brian Smith.

2 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I went to the website (googled it) and only found a trial version for free and the full version is $20 (presuming it's USD).  I couldnt find anything free.  Looks cool though, and very complicated as well.

You have to go to the GiveaWay of the day Website: Giveaway of the Day. Abstract Curves 1.190 + 2 Bonus Presets Packs - AbstractCurves is an image generator to create stunning wallpapers or posters.

• Thanks 1

And beware that you HAVE to INSTALL it today. There is a counter of some kind and if you download today and try to install tomorrow, it won't work (I have made that mistake in the past).

1 minute ago, Cassel said:

And beware that you HAVE to INSTALL it today. There is a counter of some kind and if you download today and try to install tomorrow, it won't work (I have made that mistake in the past).

Wow, good to know.  I have to go to work and hopefully time hasnt run out when I get home. it's downloaded but not installed yet, I would have done it tomorrow.  Did you put it as a plug in in PSP or use as stand alone.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Did you put it as a plug in in PSP or use as stand alone.  

I have it as a PSP plugin. It shows in my list of plugins after I set the File Location to it.

• Love 1

Carole - what is the advantage of having that as a plugin?  I already have FilterForge and don't use it as often as I probably should - need to investigate it more, I guess.

I have your script to create enamel elements and have been playing with the various scripts I have bought, not just on your birthday, but through the years.  I'm going to post the best of the enamel elements I made.  The ones I made with a flat element with no contours didn't come out except as a sort of tray, but they are nice too, so I guess I'll post them also.

My enamel elements.jpg

• Like 5

And so, just playing again - can't seem to focus on the layouts I need to be doing to finish my attempt at the Double Page Workshop, and to finish up on my Chattanooga Trip and the Alphabet Soup from 2022.

This was just playing around with the flora element in the Desert Kit.

MLS_Desert-Brad-5.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Carole - what is the advantage of having that as a plugin?

If you are referring to the Abstract Curve plugin, it is simply easier when you work on a project to add those decorative lines directly onto your project. To me, it is simply fewer clicks. And even if you don't use it often, at that price, it is worth it! ?

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

can't seem to focus on the layouts I need to be doing to finish my attempt at the Double Page Workshop

I'm in the same boat, Mary, though I finally did come up with a "story" for Page 6. Now I have to put it together. Dealing with a sick cat today so I'm off to the vet. ?

• Sad 2

Playing further.  I got some freebies, I think from CF, they are from "T" and the picture for them showed them as metal outlines.  Well, when I got them, they were just outlines! So, I've been playing around with 2 alpha creation tutorials that were here last month, but were old.  Well, one was to create an alpha metallic, so I used it to apply to my freebie.  This is the result.

MLS Peace Flower-2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

OK - I installed Abstract Curves as a plug in but I don't see it when I add it to my File Preferences.  So what am I missing????

What version of PSP are you using? I have the 64 bit version of Abstract Curves and it shows in my 2023 (which is a 64-bit). How about you?

2022 Ultimate - it is a 64 bit; I uninstalled Abstract Curves and then reinstalled it as a full + plugin and it still doesn't show.  I have closed PSP and reopened it and it still doesn't show.

I can run it as a standalone. Which is interesting.  However, I want to use it as a plug in.

Edited by Mary Solaas