Double Page Workshop 2023

Cassel

I finally came up with a sixth layout but it's not the style of that assignment. I used the scattered photos script, the open book script and the title style from last month's title workshop #1. Not real happy with the title but it'll do. The photos are from my daughter in California of her flowering trees in the midst of the redwoods so I went to Pixabay and found a shot of the Redwood National Forest as a background which I treated to a Multiply over a white background  and that removed all the color. I liked the effect as the flowering tree photos were more visible. The title font is Cooper Black with Vector Tube effect with rope.

SPRING 2023 OPEN BOOK_1200.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
Re-did the title.
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

31 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I finally came up with a sixth layout but it's not the style of that assignment. I used the scattered photos script, the open book script and the title style from last month's title workshop #1. Not real happy with the title but it'll do. The photos are from my daughter in California of her flowering trees in the midst of the redwoods so I went to Pixabay and found a shot of the Redwood National Forest as a background which I treated to a Multiply over a white background  and that removed all the color. I liked the effect as the flowering tree photos were more visible. The title font is Cooper Black with Texture/Sculpture effect and filled with Picture Tube flowers.

SPRING 2023 OPEN BOOK_1200.jpg

Ann, have you tried to lower the opacity of the background page, so that you can see the title more or change the colour of the edge of the title? The layout is wonderful!?

• Like 1

I used the script from Carole again (scattered photo's)

Font is latishine and the swirl is from Maria Lerin if I remember correctly.

The text says: shopping in the past and on the right side "a supermerket didn't excist so you had to go from shop to shop.

Dag 5-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

22 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I resized this to 1200 pixels and it was still too big...so here it is at 1000 pixels.

2023 NOVA Game open book 2 1000.jpg\

You can leave it at 1200 pixels for the width and then go to File | Export | JPG Optimizer and it will cut the size of the file down quite a bit.

25 minutes ago, Lesley Maple said:

You can leave it at 1200 pixels for the width and then go to File | Export | JPG Optimizer and it will cut the size of the file down quite a bit.

I still havent tried the JPG optimizer even though I put it on my tool bar.  I use the PNG one all the time.  I think the settings probably throw me off and it's also probably not as hard as i'm thinking it is.  Do you find it more useful than resizing and saving and then changing the compression at that time.  Just wondering how it's a benefit to using it over regular resizing and saving.  If it makes my workflow faster I'm all for learn it. 

16 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I still havent tried the JPG optimizer even though I put it on my tool bar.

Depending on your PSP version, the Optimizer might not be necessary since you might adjust the compression directly in the Save as... dialog window (only in recent versions).

55 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I still havent tried the JPG optimizer even though I put it on my tool bar.  I use the PNG one all the time.  I think the settings probably throw me off and it's also probably not as hard as i'm thinking it is.  Do you find it more useful than resizing and saving and then changing the compression at that time.  Just wondering how it's a benefit to using it over regular resizing and saving.  If it makes my workflow faster I'm all for learn it. 

I still resize before using the JPG optimizer. I've been using it so long that I prefer it over using the save as even though it basically does the same thing. I just know what settings that work best for what I'm doing whether it is a 3600x3600 page or the 600x600 pixel size. And, it is one click to get to the settings in the optimizer. If I want to see the same thing in the save as, I have to click on options (so a 2nd click) then click OK then save (I don't like the slider). 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I still resize before using the JPG optimizer. I've been using it so long that I prefer it over using the save as even though it basically does the same thing. I just know what settings that work best for what I'm doing whether it is a 3600x3600 page or the 600x600 pixel size. And, it is one click to get to the settings in the optimizer. If I want to see the same thing in the save as, I have to click on options (so a 2nd click) then click OK then save (I don't like the slider). 

I'm gong to play with it and see what i like.  I like the idea of less clicks.

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Depending on your PSP version, the Optimizer might not be necessary since you might adjust the compression directly in the Save as... dialog window (only in recent versions).

Good to know, I have been buying since 2018 but I think I never used 2018 for a very long before upgrading to 2019, which i didnt use until 2020 when I took my first bootcamp and have been upgrading eversince.  they give such a tantalizing upgrade price it's hard for me to resist. ?

Day 6

Later, during the making of this project I thought the photo's should of been a bit larger, but it's ok for now. Not all the photo's were suitable for this lay out when I had chosen them.

All the papers, elements I had in my stash, most come from pixelscrapper.

Dag 6 links-600.jpg

Dag 6 rechterkant-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Good to know, I have been buying since 2018 but I think I never used 2018 for a very long before upgrading to 2019, which i didnt use until 2020 when I took my first bootcamp and have been upgrading eversince.  they give such a tantalizing upgrade price it's hard for me to resist. ?

The same goes for me!!!

• Like 1