Double Page Workshop 2023

Cassel

Like Gerry, I chose birds for my Day 4-Scattered. Mine are from using the Merlin App on my mobile phone which records birdsong when I'm out in the yard and then will give me a nice photo to match. The cats are not from Merlin. ? I also used a Yin Template. The background is a Waterfall Gradient with some grass texture at the bottom. The title font is Broadway with an embossed white shadow. My indoor cats, Adam  & Eve, are looking out the window and outdoors, Maybelline holds court with the bird flocks. She is quite feral and will not come near me when I leave some food out for her.

SCATTERED BIRDS_1200.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 11

47 minutes ago, kasany said:

On Feet. WinterWalks.L.4.

L4.jpg

This is wonderful Kasany.  I live in a very snowy part of Canada and I'm shocked at how many people still ride their bikes in snow and -30 celcius.  they have studded winter tires for them, who knew such a thing existed.  I think it's crazy, but then I dont care for the cold.

• Haha 2

Lesson 3 in the bag....or in this case in the silos.  Photos from a 2017 trip to Saskatchewan to my cousins farm.  I found the silos endlessly interesting and somewhat abstract.  the sunset there were really amazing (which I didnt take advantage of -a regret).  as the crops were not tall I used grasses as a stand-in for crops.  I might title it but havent thought of a name yet.  I enjoyed this lesson and managed to combine them okay, thanks to tutorial.  I used a very light yellow layer below the grasses and reduced the opacity so that I could maintain the yellow-red of the sunset otherwise with the white it got too desaturated.  

DPWS-Lesson 3-DBL-Silos-1200.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
added more info
  • Like 5
  • Love 9

Lesson 4: I decided to use my flower pictures since I had so many of them. I used batch processing to add the white borders but not the size because of the different orientations. I used a script to change the sizes. The background is my gold shimmer, the leaves are from a kit that I purchased and the daffodil bouquet is my own. The font is Ambidexter, another open license font. I had downloaded the cass-alphaseparator script by mistake, but it came in really handy with the title. It not only separated the letters, but they were already formatted to change the fill and the stroke. The butterflies are from my kit and are beveled because a shadow ruined the transparency. I also beveled the title letters(saved the unbeveled file in case Carole doesn't like the bevel) because I thought that they stood out better. I also remembered to save the shadows on a new layer in case those need to be changed.  Love that script, Carole!

flowers.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 11

27 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

Lesson 4: I decided to use my flower pictures since I had so many of them. I used batch processing to add the white borders but not the size because of the different orientations. I used a script to change the sizes. The background is my gold shimmer, the leaves are from a kit that I purchased and the daffodil bouquet is my own. The font is Ambidexter, another open license font. I had downloaded the cass-alphaseparator script by mistake, but it came in really handy with the title. It not only separated the letters, but they were already formatted to change the fill and the stroke. The butterflies are from my kit and are beveled because a shadow ruined the transparency. I also beveled the title letters(saved the unbeveled file in case Carole doesn't like the bevel) because I thought that they stood out better. I also remembered to save the shadows on a new layer in case those need to be changed.  Love that script, Carole!

flowers.jpg

This is beautiful.  I love the title and that script sounds interesting.  I better add that to my list.  the sale starts tomorrow!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Marie-Claire said:

Day 5
The panoramic photo is a free wallpaper from wallpapersafari.com. because my own photos are much too small to make a panoramic photo. The small pictures below are my own pictures.

large.mclp_doublePage_worksh_23_04_d05_600.jpg.833be32d5022ae6d3dce5ddbf995dd6c.jpg

I really love all the colors in this layout.  What a great palette you could get from here.  

• Love 2

Day 4 and it was a struggle to get something to my liking. I already did the Double Take Challenge as it was called then and that was all about flowers. My theme this time isn't about flowers, but in the Alps are growing beautiful ones and I wanted to use them for this layout. The dilemma was that I didn't want to make more or less the same page although with different flower photos. The idea for this layout is based on template by Yin Design and the background is a photo by Alicja on Pixabay. The font is Groovy Yellow and the little greenery is from my stash.

Double Page 4-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Here is Lesson 5 - My husband and I owned and operated the Warwick Drive-In Theater from 1977 - 1997. Frank's daughter Beth and her husband took over ownership and are still operating it today. I do a little work from home on advertising and social media for the theater. It happened to be a panoramic photo I had handy so, though I don't usually "toot our horn" here we are! The title font is Elephant. The background is a gradient with a little grass texture. We are open every night from March through Halloween. We're located in New York's Mid-Hudson Valley, about 60 miles from New York City. Our visitors have been know to drive up from Long Island for the weekend as there are lots of things to do in our area, including the newest Legoland.

WARWICK DRIVE-IN-PANORAMA_1200.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 11

39 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here is Lesson 5 - My husband and I owned and operated the Warwick Drive-In Theater from 1977 - 1997. Frank's daughter Beth and her husband took over ownership and are still operating it today. I do a little work from home on advertising and social media for the theater. It happened to be a panoramic photo I had handy so, though I don't usually "toot our horn" here we are! The title font is Elephant. The background is a gradient with a little grass texture. We are open every night from March through Halloween. We're located in New York's Mid-Hudson Valley, about 60 miles from New York City. Our visitors have been know to drive up from Long Island for the weekend as there are lots of things to do in our area, including the newest Legoland.

I've always enjoyed your pictures of your Drive-In.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

I've always enjoyed your pictures of your Drive-In.  

56 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Great double page. I can say: "like x 2":))))))))))

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I agree with Mary, I love these Drive in layouts.  It's got to be one of the most beautiful Drive-In settings I've ever seen.  I didnt realize you were that close to NYC.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I agree with Mary, I love these Drive in layouts.  It's got to be one of the most beautiful Drive-In settings I've ever seen.  I didnt realize you were that close to NYC.  

I was so busy looking at all the cool layouts that I forgot to post mine.

Here is Lesson 4.  I used Amerio for the font and grunged it some more with the eraser tool and lowered the opacity slightly.  I had to composite two of the wood slat papers together.  It had on each side of the paper,  ends of the wood with nails, which would had both sides wit the nails smack in the middle of the layout.  So selected the middle of one and pasted over the middle portion and lined it up.  I cold see a line on one side so I used the eraser tool large and very soft with very low opacity and and erased over the line and it disappeared.  Yay, nice to have success.  More from my cousins farm, me wandering around shooting whatever caught my eye.  Coffee stains are from a brush set (or two) at Digital Scrapbook.

DPWS-Lesson 4-A Day at the Farm-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I suddenly recalled doing this series of classes before and found Lesson 6 from two years ago. This one will be hard for me to top... !

SEEBER WEDDING-LESSON 6_1200.jpg

An exciting adventure you and your family, bride, groom and guests who made it, will never forget.  Thanks for sharing.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I was so busy looking at all the cool layouts that I forgot to post mine.

Here is Lesson 4.  I used Amerio for the font and grunged it some more with the eraser tool and lowered the opacity slightly.  I had to composite two of the wood slat papers together.  It had on each side of the paper,  ends of the wood with nails, which would had both sides wit the nails smack in the middle of the layout.  So selected the middle of one and pasted over the middle portion and lined it up.  I cold see a line on one side so I used the eraser tool large and very soft with very low opacity and and erased over the line and it disappeared.  Yay, nice to have success.  More from my cousins farm, me wandering around shooting whatever caught my eye.  Coffee stains are from a brush set (or two) at Digital Scrapbook.

DPWS-Lesson 4-A Day at the Farm-600.jpg

Impressive, Susan. I've never encountered an angel at the only farm in our family, out in Granby, Connecticut, USA. Those cars buried in the weeds look authentic, though. ?

• Love 1

15 hours ago, Lesley Maple said:

Finally done with Lesson 2. I needed to ruminate on the idea and then get the pictures on my dog walks.

Double-Lesson2-Full-post.jpg

I lived in the historic district of Salem for many years. Spring was spectacular on the North Shore.

Edited by Gerry Landreth
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Impressive, Susan. I've never encountered an angel at the only farm in our family, out in Granby, Connecticut, USA. Those cars buried in the weeds look authentic, though. ?

You never know when or where those angels pop up....if you are familiar with the "Weeping Angels" from Dr. Who, you best not take your eyes off them.  Kidding aside, it was in a garden at by the house.  The cars and the trucks were my favorite.  Just parked and never moved for 30+ yrs or longer, I should have asked.  I love that kind of stuff.  I wished I found more rusty stuff though.  I was going to head back there but Covid happened and then I found out my hamstring issue was a torn hamstring (1.5 yrs prior!) and sitting for 9 hours in a car was out of the question.  Maybe this year or next I hope.  One of my pipe dream holidays was to go to Connecticut and what I heard was called the North East Kingdom area.  Especially in the fall.  

• Love 2

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I suddenly recalled doing this series of classes before and found Lesson 6 from two years ago. This one will be hard for me to top... !

SEEBER WEDDING-LESSON 6_1200.jpg

Ann I remember your layout and the story from the previous challenge!!! That one is hard to forget, so special and I agree it will be hard to top, but maybe something else will be okay too.

• Love 1