Text Workshop 2023

Cassel

I am still using my kit papers and some of the elements that I made. The pictures are my own--one taken in the desert in Nevada and the other taken in Hilton Head. The crazy flower was made using the hue up and down brush which peaked my curiosity. It sort of fits my Art Deco theme. I should have made a list of all the fonts that I used, but I just sort of scrolled through my fonts until I found one that suited me. The orange font is Mesquite and the arrows are a preset shape. I used a Layer Style bevel on the title.

turrtles7.jpg

• Like 12
  • Love 4

Here is my day 3 project.  The pumpkin element is from Pixel Scrappers and the bow and ribbon are from Cassel's blog.  All the papers and the title are from my stash and not really sure where they came from.  I did switch the order of the two bottom papers so that the shadow would show some separation.  I didn't pay enough attention to the last minute of the video and lost my story on the first try....good thing I saved my PSP file. 

forum pic.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Love 5

For this 3rd day, I used Carole's template (thanks @Cassel for this template) and I tried to remember the live for the snow on my title (hope it's not too bad LOL). The credits are in my gallery by clicking on the image ?  
Translated text:
"SNOW - January 2021
This year is the first time that the snow hasn't melted since Moïra was born. With a piece of cardboard covered with a garbage bag, she improvises a sledge and slides down the slope. And with his father and his sister, prepares a battle of snowballs."

large.B57_ArticToundraByKitdTpByCassel600.jpg.7070112742f6dd49b934b50c40195ebd.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 13

I was so ready for Day 3. And Carole gave us a template to work with! So, how hard was it going to be? Well, let me say...I spent way too much *@^$# time on this project! The text tool has a mind of its own (which is what I thought before I started this series). When I clicked on the Text Tool and tried to change the size, the colours would change. So, then I'd click on the Materials Palette boxes to change the colour, and the text size would revert. Or I'd click on the Font colour button on the text toolbar, and nothing would happen. And this went on and on until I was ready to do damage to the laptop! Sigh.

So here is my Day 3 with wrapped text. I'm so over it. (I used an old photo b/c I happened to have it for some work I was doing on a history article.) And then, I wanted to go back to change a couple of things, and I saved the .pspimage merged. Not my day.

EDIT: I just couldn't walk away from the project. I had to try again. I started with the template and same image, and worked it through. I still had a few glitches with the text tool, but not nearly as many as the first attempt. Now, I AM DONE with this!

Text Play 3.jpg

text Day 3 project.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 4
  • Love 12

4 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

No shadows on "Spring Is Here" as I just wanted to get the thing saved.  My problem with PSP Ultimate 2022 was definitely with that layout.  Could it possibly be with the many undos and redos?  And, if so, can I remove the history from the layout pspimate?????

Mary, I once had a problem with PSP 2022 and saving files.  Not sure what you issue was (cause I'm behind on the WS and reading the forum) but sometimes it would not save.  I'd get a popup saving it couldnt save it.  With my PSP 2022 I have to check everytime in the options when I'm doing 'save as' to make sure it's either on PSP 2022 or X8-2022.  Even though I've never had it on X8 for any reason, my PSP will revert to that.  Usually I get a message saying it's going to merge all the layers if I want to save.  then I know it has reverted to that SAVE AS mode.  I cant weeks without it doing it, then it just reverts to X8 for no reason.  I have just downloaded 2023 but havent set it up yet, so still using 2022

• Love 2

Not my best work, it's too busy and too much focused (hahaha pun intended) on the right side.  I used stuff from my kit and learning I need way more stuff and that "stuff" needs to be in different orientations.  The photo was a test for me getting ready to photograph my camera collection.  The Pentax K1000 was the first  SLR camera I ever used, it has a soft spot in my heart.  And of course this isnt the actual camera I used, cause then I would have stolen it from my high school...and I'm a good girl and don't do that sort of thing?.  Anyway, my brother, who at the time was a commerical diver living in Borneo, came home to visit the family and came to the open house at my high school.  He was blown away by the schools dark room and my interest in photography, so much so, that he bought me my first camera, a Ricoh KR10, which I sold and now wish I still had.  I know. BEST. BROTHER. EVER!   Looking forward to Lesson 3, it looks wonderful.  

Text Workshop Lesson 2 First Camera-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 14

Here's my Lesson 3 - The Amur Leopard. The photo is from Unsplash, the title font is Baby Olivia, the papers and the scatter are all mine from my new Rustic Kit. The lounging leopard and the turtle/bird cluster are from an Animal Kingdom Kit by ddeb.

AMUR LEOPARD_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 5
  • Love 11

12 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here's my Lesson 3 - The Amur Leopard. The photo is from Unsplash, the title font is Baby Olivia, the papers and the scatter are all mine from my new Rustic Kit. The lounging leopard and the turtle/bird cluster are from an Animal Kingdom Kit by ddeb.

AMUR LEOPARD_600.jpg

So impressed with your use of elements/papers etc from your own kit!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Not my best work, it's too busy and too much focused (hahaha pun intended) on the right side.  I used stuff from my kit and learning I need way more stuff and that "stuff" needs to be in different orientations.  The photo was a test for me getting ready to photograph my camera collection.  The Pentax K1000 was the first  SLR camera I ever used, it has a soft spot in my heart.  And of course this isnt the actual camera I used, cause then I would have stolen it from my high school...and I'm a good girl and don't do that sort of thing?.  Anyway, my brother, who at the time was a commerical diver living in Borneo, came home to visit the family and came to the open house at my high school.  He was blown away by the schools dark room and my interest in photography, so much so, that he bought me my first camera, a Ricoh KR10, which I sold and now wish I still had.  I know. BEST. BROTHER. EVER!   Looking forward to Lesson 3, it looks wonderful.  

Your l/o has many elements, but it's not too busy. They all work together well. And how nice of your brother to get you your first camera.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

This is a trip to memory lane; a long time ago I had that camera too! Look at all those extra lenses etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Day 2 - All of the fonts are unicorn related: Cute Alphabet Unicorn, Unicorn Express, Star Unicorn, Magical Unicorn, and Groovy Unicorn. The monogram at the top corner of the picture is Star Unicorn Monogram.

My niece loves unicorns, just like her Uncle. Although, unlike her uncle, I think she is starting to outgrow them. Such is life in "Honah Lee" ...

GNL-TextWorshop-02_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 12

I stayed with my orchids an my papers! But I didn't want much embellishments for this. The font is Peaceful Nature. When I wanted to resize nothing happened; I had my wrapped text as a raster layer, but by close inspection I noticed I had lost one of the staples. It took me some time before I realized that when resizing the resize all layers box wasn't checked!

Text Workshop-3-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 14

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I stayed with my orchids an my papers! But I didn't want much embellishments for this. The font is Peaceful Nature. When I wanted to resize nothing happened; I had my wrapped text as a raster layer, but by close inspection I noticed I had lost one of the staples. It took me some time before I realized that when resizing the resize all layers box wasn't checked!

Text Workshop-3-600.jpg

Corrie, I love your orchids!

• Thanks 1

I didn't make any plaids for my kit, so I created one in my color pallette. Fortunately, the restaurant matches. The pictures are mine. The fonts that I used are FlamingoShadow, Arial, and Gumondo, I think. The center paper is a texture in PSP that was yellow but colorized to the coral color with a little tweaking with Flaming Pear, Kyoto color. The left side is from the plaid with a gaussian blur applied.

lascala600.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 6
  • Love 8

Day 2. I used Carol's template (highly modified) and Kristin Aagard's Sporty Football (available at The Lily Pad). This is the next game in the project on Trine Football 2021 through 2023. My cousin's son had a touchdown in the game so TOUCHDOWN was the perfect title. Fonts used were: Cooper Black, Arial, Century Schoolbook, Cosmic, and Comic Sans. I also flipped the fill and stroke on the O H W letters.

2021 0327 Trine 1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I was so ready for Day 3. And Carole gave us a template to work with! So, how hard was it going to be? Well, let me say...I spent way too much *@^$# time on this project! The text tool has a mind of its own (which is what I thought before I started this series). When I clicked on the Text Tool and tried to change the size, the colours would change. So, then I'd click on the Materials Palette boxes to change the colour, and the text size would revert. Or I'd click on the Font colour button on the text toolbar, and nothing would happen. And this went on and on until I was ready to do damage to the laptop! Sigh.

So here is my Day 3 with wrapped text. I'm so over it. (I used an old photo b/c I happened to have it for some work I was doing on a history article.) And then, I wanted to go back to change a couple of things, and I saved the .pspimage merged. Not my day.

Text Play 3.jpg

Julie--I have had the same thing happen with the Text tool and Materials Palette! I was beginning to think I was crazy! Oh, maybe I am crazy but at least someone else has has experienced the same issue...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Susan--my first real 35 mm camera was a Ricoh XR1, which I still have. But I don't know if I could still buy 35 mm film today. I bought my Ricoh when I graduated from high school because I could not afford a Pentax K1000, and the Ricoh was very similar and cheaper, and used the Pentax K-mount lenses. Good memory!

Day 3.  It's always a treat when any four legged animal comes to visit. Carole used the word adorable to  describe my Red squirrel, so I decided to use  it in this page.  As I  do adore these majestic animals. The Antelope are frequent visitors.  Males and females are segregated.  Here we have some adult males with yearling males, not to far away were the pregnant females and yearling females. I don't use the selection tool to wrap text.  It's ideal for quickly  typing journaling, but it has far to many limitations for my liking, and for the word art/text that I like to  create.  Again,  I didn't use any outside recourses.

Day 3 (1).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 6
  • Love 11