Text Workshop 2023

Cassel

2 minutes ago, Louyse Toupin said:

This is really beautiful!

That was an unexpected super quick response!  ?   Thank you ever so much, I appreciate your comment.   The photos I take of  everything nature, inspires me  to create  as natural as possible  pages.  I'm not one for bright colours,  or frill.  My pages are also very minimal.   You have certainly captured the essence of Spring in your page. Well done!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have chosen my orchid photos for this workshop. I haven't that much new photos at the moment as I was the last 5 months not very mobile and now I can go walking again the weather isn't very good, for taking photos, much rain and dark clouds.

I used my Build a Kit supplies again with the exception of the butterflies which come from a set of watercolors by Creative Fabrica. For the title I chose 2 fonts in the end, because I tried all different ones but found it not to my liking. Instead I gave the words a different color to stand out better against the papers. The fonts I used are: Arienne and Agreloy.

TextWorkshop-2-600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 14

7 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here's my Lesson 2 - Jumping Spider. Used Cass script for the curved photo from Unsplash, Rainclouds & Rainbows kit for the papers, splashes and element and an old Halloween kit for the spiderweb.

JUMPING SPIDER_600.jpg

Yikes. I jumped when I scrolled to this one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

On 3/20/2023 at 9:06 PM, Cassel said:

@Linda Hitt It is nice to replicate the cookie texture in the text.

@Julie MagerkaThat is a fun photo and definitely a great match for that title.

@Rene MarkerIf you don't have a full page to display, do you have the "final" version of the title? Even if you shared only the title on its own, it might still inspire others.

@Louyse ToupinMay I offer one suggestion? Place the flower on top of the photo instead of under as a flower would be too thick to glue a photo on it! ?

@Ann SeeberA candy-filled title. How can it be more Easter-y?? ?

@Pirkko SeppäläSprouts in the title! Great idea!

@Marie-ClaireBefore reading your intro on that page, I could have wondered what Poncho was holding!!

@Corrie KinkelGreat way to see your kit "in action"!

lOVE ALL YOU ALLS wORK   i AM TRYING  i WANT TO DO THEM LIKE YOU GUYS  YOUR ALL SO T A L E N T E D.   

7 hours ago, cindy harris said:

lOVE ALL YOU ALLS wORK   i AM TRYING  i WANT TO DO THEM LIKE YOU GUYS  YOUR ALL SO T A L E N T E D.   

Cindy, echoing Michele's words, you are doing great. One day at a time. Be proud of yourself for what you have achieved so far! ? 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here's my Lesson 2 - Jumping Spider. Used Cass script for the curved photo from Unsplash, Rainclouds & Rainbows kit for the papers, splashes and element and an old Halloween kit for the spiderweb.

JUMPING SPIDER_600.jpg

I like spiders, especially Jumping Spiders. We had a black one that lived in out window a long time ago. I named him Spencer.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

@Anja Pelzer Nice soft colors in that title. They match the page very well.

@Sue Thomas Thanks for pointing out that they were pine cones in the fill. The resizing of the image made it harder to identify what they were. That Red squirrel is adorable!

@Lesley Maple I'll have to find a way to get that effect in PSP!! Did you add shadows on the papers under the photo? I think it would add more definition, especially on a busy background.

@MoniqueN. Have you considered trying to add some shadows on the little elements inside the "Baby" title? I wonder if it would add some volume? Not a big shadow but just a little.

@Michele It is fun to see the fill on the top part of the text. A little unexpected but definitely in line with the theme!

@Susan Ewart I am curious to know what you put in the title. Are those confetti?

@Linda J Walker Glad to see that you are sharing the title on its own, even if the page is not ready.

@Julie Magerka The owl photo really makes me smile! For the title, since you have a patterned background, have you considered adding a little shadow on the letters as if they were cut out of papers?

@Linda Hitt Great way to customize a template. It is always a starting point, but the destination is often different!

@Hank Sobah I love how you layered that single fish on top of the title. It really gives it some depth too. Colorful concert page!

@nadine Nice idea to have the clouds on top of the fill! Templates are meant to be changed!!! ?

@Ann Seeber You might want to tweak the placement of the text as the overlapping with the decorative element is inconsistent. Maybe move the text a little downward or resize the decorative element a little to shift upward? That change in size for the title really gives that impression of jumping!!

@Cristina Due to the resizing, I am not sure so what did you use to fill the title? Are those confetti?

@Donna Sillia You filled the title with tiny Easter eggs, right?

@Louyse Toupin Did you place the scattered confetti and rotated a duplicate by any chance? It looks like there are two different types of shadows on them.

@Bonnie Ballentine What kind of pattern were you looking for?

@Corrie Kinkel Changing colors word by word is definitely another way to use this technique.

@Mary Solaas That yellow is really standing out! You might want to add (or add more) shadows on your papers to give them thickness.

@Pirkko Seppälä Awe... sweet photo!!! The whole family!

@Gerry Landreth Sand in the hair! that is no fun! But the picture is worth it!!!

• Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Cassel said:

@Sue Thomas Thanks for pointing out that they were pine cones in the fill. The resizing of the image made it harder to identify what they were. That Red squirrel is adorable!

@Lesley Maple I'll have to find a way to get that effect in PSP!! Did you add shadows on the papers under the photo? I think it would add more definition, especially on a busy background.

@MoniqueN. Have you considered trying to add some shadows on the little elements inside the "Baby" title? I wonder if it would add some volume? Not a big shadow but just a little.

@Michele It is fun to see the fill on the top part of the text. A little unexpected but definitely in line with the theme!

@Susan Ewart I am curious to know what you put in the title. Are those confetti?

@Linda J Walker Glad to see that you are sharing the title on its own, even if the page is not ready.

@Julie Magerka The owl photo really makes me smile! For the title, since you have a patterned background, have you considered adding a little shadow on the letters as if they were cut out of papers?

@Linda Hitt Great way to customize a template. It is always a starting point, but the destination is often different!

@Hank Sobah I love how you layered that single fish on top of the title. It really gives it some depth too. Colorful concert page!

@nadine Nice idea to have the clouds on top of the fill! Templates are meant to be changed!!! ?

@Ann Seeber You might want to tweak the placement of the text as the overlapping with the decorative element is inconsistent. Maybe move the text a little downward or resize the decorative element a little to shift upward? That change in size for the title really gives that impression of jumping!!

@Cristina Due to the resizing, I am not sure so what did you use to fill the title? Are those confetti?

@Louyse Toupin Did you place the scattered confetti and rotated a duplicate by any chance? It looks like there are two different types of shadows on them.

@Corrie Kinkel Changing colors word by word is definitely another way to use this technique.

@Mary Solaas That yellow is really standing out! You might want to add (or add more) shadows on your papers to give them thickness.

@Gerry Landreth Sand in the hair! that is no fun! But the picture is worth it!!!

Carol, I wanted my outline (foreground) to be medium green. I came close.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I am curious to know what you put in the title. Are those confetti?

It is confetti, yours I think.  I wanted to put a rainbow in....I have rainbows, but where i put them I dont know, so I went with confetti for now.  Was going to do the umbrellas but I only wanted the umbrellas and the tube had rain boots and other stuff.  I just realized now, if I'd put it on a separate layer (I think I forgot to do that) I could have just duplicated umbrellas and did it that way.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cassel said:

No shadows on "Spring Is Here" as I just wanted to get the thing saved.  My problem with PSP Ultimate 2022 was definitely with that layout.  Could it possibly be with the many undos and redos?  And, if so, can I remove the history from the layout pspimate?????

I did a layout for the project that I am using for this workshop. So this layout actually combines Day 1 title and Day 3 text wrapping. I used a template by Scrapping With Liz (October Mood Board) and the kit is by Kristin Aagard called Sporty Football, both available at The Lily Pad. 

For the title I wanted a fill that pertained to football. There was a football element in the kit so I made it smaller and made a tube out of it to fill the title. I also didn't make the fill translucent as I wanted to keep the dark blue color that is the school's color. I went with a silvery outline of the title. Font is Cooper Black.

For the text wrapping I used the remove selection to take out the corner area where the photo covers the paper. I tried the paper over the photo but it didn't look right with the football shaped frame there as well. Font is Arial.

This is a very simple layout and not my normal style since I usually have at least 1 cluster on them. But I wanted this layout to be about the story and the photo. I will do a second layout with more photos of this game then move on to the next game which is where my Day 2 title is being used.

2021 0320 Trine 1.jpg

• Like 12
  • Love 3

20 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

No shadows on "Spring Is Here" as I just wanted to get the thing saved.  My problem with PSP Ultimate 2022 was definitely with that layout.  Could it possibly be with the many undos and redos?  And, if so, can I remove the history from the layout pspimate?????

I am not sure where you can REMOVE the Edit history. You can stop it in the Program Preferences, but not sure how to get rid of what is already there. Something to look into.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

@Carole I used picture tubes inside of the baby title, could they also have shadows? I never tried that ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

I forgot to mention that I filled the letters with Easter egg tubes. They didn't show up as well as I would have liked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

You might want to tweak the placement of the text as the overlapping with the decorative element is inconsistent. Maybe move the text a little downward or resize the decorative element a little to shift upward? That change in size for the title really gives that impression of jumping!!

Thanks, Cassel. Here's my revised version.

JUMPING SPIDER_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Font is Beauty night butterfly

The bird came out of a scrapkit called Romantic Tea time set  from Creative fabrica Link

The text is in Dutch (duh) and says : Sometimes you find a picture and don't remember  where it is taken. We now think it's from the castle gardens in Arcen (Dutch village)

Day 3-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 12