Text Workshop 2023

Cassel

I hope to have time and above all remember to finish everything LOL I have a big tendency to forget when I'm very busy oops. Besides, I take this opportunity to apologize to Carole, for not having participated in the last live... I had my little-daughter on the phone, and the hour passed without realizing it. I was so happy to hear from her that, still in my little cloud, I forgot the live. Thank you very much for the replay which I watched with pleasure ))))

• Like 1

Hi, everybody! it's a long time, round about 4 months,  since I have been active here in the campus. I try again and hope to be able to come along more often. I remember "wise words" in 2020, I just started and had to stop it. And as Cristina said it, a good opportunity to go through it again, hopefully this time....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Michele said:

I just looked at lesson 1 and all I can think of is Baby Got Back by Sir Mixalot. (? I Love Big Butts ?)  LOL

OMG, YIKES!  Ha hahahaha, thanks for the laugh just before I'm off to work. ? Hilarious! had to watch the whole video to read all the words.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished lesson 1 and it was so much fun! This is my first Workshop so I hope I am in the right place to post my project.  This is my Mom teaching my oldest granddaughter how to bake cookies!   The cute little cookie on the page is by Jessica Dunn.  I also used the icing from the cookie to make the icing for my cookie letters. Not sure I am totally happy with the color papers I used but they match well with the cookie!

TextWorkshop-Template 1 page.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 11

I decided to post right away before I see the wonderful work that others will produce. The layout here is simple, but it's a photo that always makes me smile.

I had to work on the outlined & filled text a couple of times before I got it to cooperate. Those layers mess me up sometimes....which one I AM on vs. which one I SHOULD be on!

The font is Titan One, and it's nice and thick for this purpose. I'd never used the Effects>Texture>Sculpture and was happy to try it. Nice effect.

text fill project.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 8

35 minutes ago, Linda Hitt said:

Just finished lesson 1 and it was so much fun! This is my first Workshop so I hope I am in the right place to post my project.  This is my Mom teaching my oldest granddaughter how to bake cookies!   The cute little cookie on the page is by Jessica Dunn.  I also used the icing from the cookie to make the icing for my cookie letters. Not sure I am totally happy with the color papers I used but they match well with the cookie!

TextWorkshop-Template 1 page.jpg

Looking at the cookie text makes me hungry! Nice effect.

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I decided to post right away before I see the wonderful work that others will produce. The layout here is simple, but it's a photo that always makes me smile.

I had to work on the outlined & filled text a couple of times before I got it to cooperate. Those layers mess me up sometimes....which one I AM on vs. which one I SHOULD be on!

The font is Titan One, and it's nice and thick for this purpose. I'd never used the Effects>Texture>Sculpture and was happy to try it. Nice effect.

text fill project.jpg

I just found the cat in with the meercats! Ha ha!! Clever photo and nice use of the text. Love your colors. I recently discovered the sculpture effect and am floored as to its potential! Thanks, Cassel! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, libera said:

Hi, everybody! it's a long time, round about 4 months,  since I have been active here in the campus. I try again and hope to be able to come along more often. I remember "wise words" in 2020, I just started and had to stop it. And as Cristina said it, a good opportunity to go through it again, hopefully this time....

Hi Libera,

Nice to see you here!

• Love 1

I did the lesson but didn't complete a page. I'm making titles for a project I will be working on later. I think I'll just post one page with all the titles at the end.

Although I did end up having to make a psptube because I didn't have one that fit the theme of the title! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

text fill project.jpg

I often rename my layers to keep track, otherwise I get lost too ?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I just found the cat in with the meercats! Ha ha!! Clever photo and nice use of the text. Love your colors. I recently discovered the sculpture effect and am floored as to its potential! Thanks, Cassel! 

Oh, I just found it too, Ann!?

• Haha 1

LESSON 1 - THE EASTER HARE - Photo from Pixabay by Matteo Baronti; Cass-decorated eggs; TITLE - Bernard MT Condensed filled with PSP Tube candies (for Easter, of course); Greyhound silhouette from Vector Stock. I also used Cassel's template and the MarisaL Tangible Hope kit. (Thanks for the kit, Carole, I noticed it was free because it was from your account)

THE EASTER HARE_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3
  • Love 11

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I used the provided template too, but all the papers come from the Build a Kit Workshop and I wanted to see them "in action", so to speak. The star element is from Chanthalia Design

TextWorkshop-1-600.jpg

How nice that you used your own creations from the Build A Kit! You're a full-fledged kit designer.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Linda Hitt It is nice to replicate the cookie texture in the text.

@Julie MagerkaThat is a fun photo and definitely a great match for that title.

@Rene MarkerIf you don't have a full page to display, do you have the "final" version of the title? Even if you shared only the title on its own, it might still inspire others.

@Louyse ToupinMay I offer one suggestion? Place the flower on top of the photo instead of under as a flower would be too thick to glue a photo on it! ?

@Ann SeeberA candy-filled title. How can it be more Easter-y?? ?

@Pirkko SeppäläSprouts in the title! Great idea!

@Marie-ClaireBefore reading your intro on that page, I could have wondered what Poncho was holding!!

@Corrie KinkelGreat way to see your kit "in action"!

• Love 1