What are you working on (in March 2023)?

Cassel

Date-01-2023.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in March, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyways.

Happy March! Here is my monthly Big Cat Calendar featuring a Bengal Tiger playing in the water (as they do, frequently!) I put a full-sized jpg in the Files section on our Facebook group. It would print at 8.5" x 14"

I wasn't happy with the paw prints so here's an edited version.

2023 BIG CAT CALENDAR-MARCH_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • WOW 1
  • Love 5

• Cassel pinned this topic

I was playing with the Shadow box Master class.  And I had this color wheel in mind (although I don't actually subscribe to the "color wheel" model?).  As it turns out, those little circle layers are too small to be effective at showing the depth.  it was a good learning experience, and I've included a larger version so you can get the idea of the depth.  It's good for big layouts.  I look forward to trying the ones from the masterclass.   

Shadow Box - Tints-600.jpg

Shadow Box close Up-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • WOW 2
  • Love 7

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Nicely done, Susan. That's a beautiful layout in its own right and very enlightening. Color wheels will never be the same again! ?

Thank you Ann.  It was a mental challenge to figure out and keep it all straight in my head.  there was a lot of layers. I probably did some of it the long way but I got some practice with using groups when I needed them.  Even though you cant see the dimension in layout, I should do a layout for the Shades and Tones as well. Good practice.   

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Cassel said:

@Susan EwartIn the presentation, I used a 2000x2000 pixels image. If you used a larger image to start with, you might want to double the shadow and maybe add an extra Gaussian Blur.

Thank you for the tips.  I was wondering how to make the layers look farther apart.  I did work on 4000 x4000 image for the 12 "spokes" of the wheel.  Is doubling the shadow just doing Control-Y?  I never thought of gaussian blur.  I'm going to try that. I had envisioned it looking deep, but it didnt turn out that way.  I tried white shadows but it looked weird and too much opacity in the shadow made the tints start to look like tones (adding grey).  I was going to ask how to make it look really far apart, so I can try these ideas.  I had an idea of of layout with random sized holes, some offset, some not and only a few layers but really far apart (looking) with only one color ring and the rest of the rings white.  I guess I could have just said an abstract image.  I'll gvie it a try. 

• Like 1

I I used what I learned in the shadow box master class and created this using (Fairy-Moon-Shadow-Box-47020851) from Creativefabrica and the shamrock in her hand was created from (Layer-st-Patricks-day-leaf-25320553). Now my Irish ancestors can either say well done or turn over in their graves. 

my irish fairy shadow box  6  b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

52 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

I I used what I learned in the shadow box master class and created this using (Fairy-Moon-Shadow-Box-47020851) from Creativefabrica and the shamrock in her hand was created from (Layer-st-Patricks-day-leaf-25320553). Now my Irish ancestors can either say well done or turn over in their graves. 

my irish fairy shadow box  6  b.jpg

I think they will say "well done"!

• Like 2

CF had some amazing watercolor carriages; it was hard to choose just one. I added my avatar from the game just for fun. This is a little late for the seamless topic from February, but I clipped some floral elements from the original carriage pic and used Cassel's seamless pattern script. I flood filled a new layer with it and lowered the opacity above a solid layer. The font is from DaFont and it's called Atziluth.

large.486951698_FABDLCarriageRide!600.jpg.d6314e9432eaa86f23b37b64e06913f2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I can't give credit for the illustration because I couldn't find the original on Google. Layered a couple of papers by Gina Jones from PS and played with the opacity to get the hue I wanted. I used a rounded rectangular selection to change the shape of the pic and added a couple of select selection borders on separate layers. Some clipart from DSS to add some interest. The font is Sexy Beachy from DaFont.

large.1341446523_FABDLLongWalkontheBeach!600.jpg.e50a1447e2021c7919ebfc7d5dee29ed.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Michele said:

I can't give credit for the illustration because I couldn't find the original on Google. Layered a couple of papers by Gina Jones from PS and played with the opacity to get the hue I wanted. I used a rounded rectangular selection to change the shape of the pic and added a couple of select selection borders on separate layers. Some clipart from DSS to add some interest. The font is Sexy Beachy from DaFont.

large.1341446523_FABDLLongWalkontheBeach!600.jpg.e50a1447e2021c7919ebfc7d5dee29ed.jpg

I found the artist... Palette knife art by Howard Behrens | ART BLOG MarkovArt (wordpress.com)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I spent the day yesterday actually scrapping. I was catching up on the backlog of photos for my cousin's family from April 2022. I decided to think outside the box on one of the layouts. I don't use frames very often and the kit I was using had a lot of frames. The template I used was very basic since it was more to do a magazine type layout so had no clusters on it. So I kept the photo spot and one paper strip then did what I wanted. Starting with using a frame as a basis for a cluster - some items behind it, others on top of it.

The template is Scrapping With Liz Zine Double (set 2) available at The Lily Pad. The kit used is "Center Stage" by Kristin Cronin-Barrow available at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

2022 May Downtowners.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

20 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I spent the day yesterday actually scrapping. I was catching up on the backlog of photos for my cousin's family from April 2022. I decided to think outside the box on one of the layouts. I don't use frames very often and the kit I was using had a lot of frames. The template I used was very basic since it was more to do a magazine type layout so had no clusters on it. So I kept the photo spot and one paper strip then did what I wanted. Starting with using a frame as a basis for a cluster - some items behind it, others on top of it.

The template is Scrapping With Liz Zine Double (set 2) available at The Lily Pad. The kit used is "Center Stage" by Kristin Cronin-Barrow available at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

2022 May Downtowners.jpg

Rene - really well done - like what you did to create the cluster - interesting idea to use the frame as the base - and the alpha is great = a great idea for the new project in the build a kit workshop.  My step-mother had been a singer in a group called the Sweet Adelines here in Memphis.  We always enjoyed their show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Rene - really well done - like what you did to create the cluster - interesting idea to use the frame as the base - and the alpha is great = a great idea for the new project in the build a kit workshop.  My step-mother had been a singer in a group called the Sweet Adelines here in Memphis.  We always enjoyed their show.

The designer of the kit always has such great alphas. She did 4 alphas for that kit and I thought that one was perfect for the layout. She also includes the alpha on one sheet as well as the individual letters. My cousin's grandkids are very involved in the musical and theater community both through church, school and the local theaters. Orlando has so much available and the 2 grandkids are thriving.

• Like 1