Different striping

Julie Magerka

5 hours ago, Cassel said:

My guess is that it started with parallel lines, and simply used the Pick tool with the Perspective mode. But if you want, you can add that question to the Q&A thread for this coming Sunday ?

5 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I came across this sample of a L/O on Digital Scrapbooking (I think). The perspective lines are so unusual and eye-catching. I'm sure there are folks here who will know how to reproduce this effect, so I hope someone will share the magic.

simple dog layout 2.JPG

I am attaching 2 screenshots of my attempt at the background paper.  I started with the pen tool making the lines in white.  I found that if I put the beginning and end of the line just beyond the edge of the paper, I can use the magic wand to isolate every other one of the resulting stripes so that I can put the light stripes on one layer and the darker stripes on another layer.  That way also I can put a texture effect on one of the colored layers to give it more oomph.  I hope this explains it.

2023-02-06 (1).png

2023-02-06.png

• WOW 1

14 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

So here is one for valentines Day - anyone may have it if they wish.

MLS Pink Perspectives.jpg

Well done, Mary! I'm impressed by your willingness to take on a challenge. Lovely result. You're using a tablet, right? I'm trying to use mine more often. I was using it then switched back to the mouse. If it makes layouts like this easier, then I'm back in!

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Well done, Mary! I'm impressed by your willingness to take on a challenge. Lovely result. You're using a tablet, right? I'm trying to use mine more often. I was using it then switched back to the mouse. If it makes layouts like this easier, then I'm back in!

I was on my laptop when I did this.  It doesn't have a tablet connected to it.  So - I did this with the mouse.  You can too.  they are just straight lines so do not connect the segments and put the start just outside  and press the shift key and place the end at the opposite side just outside.  Simple.  You can leave your pen strokes on the vector layer, but you will need to color your stripes on separate raster layers.  In order to change my stripes to glitters, I made a copy of the pspimage and changed the vector layer on the copy to a raster layer.  Have fun.

• Thanks 1