Newsletter chitchat - January 17, 2023

Cassel

We had some freezing rain this past weekend.  it was a very thin layer of ice over sidewalks and it was super slippery, but it only looked wet so it was deceiving.  We are having very mild weather, near 0 celcius when it should be in the -20's or -30's.  January and February are normally the coldest months in Alberta.  Your snow looks very pretty.  I can imagine ice pellets though, YIKES!  We've been getting hoar frost too, but only had one day (only a few hours) with blue sky to go with it.  

• Like 1

Normally we also have snow here in December and January, but every year it is less, and this year we have not seen any snow yet. It's like autumn lasts forever. And the temperatures sometimes differ from one day to the next by 10 degrees. Then it's mild, then it's cold again, then it freezes for a day or two at night, a day of sun and cold, a few days of rain, then another sunny day or a windy day... we sometimes get it all in 1 week. But it hasn't really been winter here yet.
Today it is sunny, dry and 3 degrees Celsius.

Here the weather is much the same as at Marie-Claire's place, but we have had more rain over last weekend. For days in a row it was only dry at night, but yesterday and today it is sunny, a good thing for our solar panels! A specific plan if you can call it that way is that after 4 month I finally am allowed to go swimming tomorrow, so happy days.

Weather has been all over the place for me. It was in the 50's(F) yesterday which is practically unheard of in January. And, rain, lots of rain. At least that is better than snow. I did look at the forecast and there is snow forecast Sunday and into next week. The amounts are all over the place right now in the forecast so who knows what we will get. The forecasted 10 inches over Christmas didn't happen. It went north of us.

I am helping my cousin with a history project for our church so will be at the church with her tomorrow. Other than that I stay in when it rains since it makes my sinuses drain so much more than normal which leads to lots of coughing.

Rene,

Anything past Day 5 is a sham!  The forecasters are just throwing darts then.  hahaha.  Google "RMR: Seven Day Forecast".  It's a comedy spoof about the 7 day forecast from a show called Rick Mercer Report (Canadian).  It's hilarious.  Hopefully you can get that from the US.  We always joke about it.  My opening line is a line in video. I tried putting the link here, not sure if I did it right, if not google it for a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA