January 2023 - RANDOM Challenge

Cassel

Random-Challenge.jpg

Here is a challenge to do something that might not be repeated in other months. Just an idea that popped like that (and you can also send me suggestions for occasional random challenges too).

This time, use a single photo but use it to cover the whole page. You can add effects to the photo or showcase it in all its original splendor. Add a title and journaling however you want, but it will have to be on top of the photo itself.

Here is one example of a large photo using the whole space.

spacer.png

For other ideas to use large photos, check out this article.

Post your project in the gallery.

• Love 1

After going through my stash of photos, I realize I could do this challenge for weeks with all the uninteresting or bad pix I have! But it's a great way to use a boring photo.

I made the "hola" text using individual images for each letter for the first time! That was fun. (Some edges on frames still a bit ragged....oops!)

Jan random challenge_600.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

After going through my stash of photos, I realize I could do this challenge for weeks with all the uninteresting or bad pix I have! But it's a great way to use a boring photo.

Interestingly, it looks like the blurred photo was done intentionally!!

I often use one of my photos as a background, but mostly with an effect, a blur etc. Here is no effect on the photo other then a reduced opacity and one flower with 100% opacity and a little frame. There is a glassframe round the whole page done with a script that I found somewhere. The only other element is a tag with the name of the flower on it. The font used is Winter Vibes, a freebie from CF. 

The photo of the hyacinth was taken a couple of days ago, not outside but in my living where I have a container with 3 hyacinths in it. You can buy this specially prepared bulbs for indoor use everywhere in this time of the year. I wish I could incorporate the smell, because my whole room smells delicious!

Random Challenge Jan.2023-600.jpg

• Love 4