Making Custom Brushes From Dingbat Fonts

Suzy

Hi, Carole,

I have this script

Making Custom Brushes From Dingbat Fonts

from SuzShook, but it is limited to 500 px. Now that brushes can be larger in PSP, I want some of my Dingbats larger, maybe 1000px or even 1500 px?

Would that even work from a little font file, even tho it's vector?  If it is something that would yield a pleasing result, (no jaggies), can I just edit her script?  Can you help me with *where* to edit it and what to say? All those {{  and }}} and [ AND ]]] are confusing!

On the other hand, is there anything else you (Carole admin) could add to it to make it a script you might want to make and sell in the shop?  A light shadow making the dingbats stand on edge is on her .docx file.  I think that would be useful, but also think about adding two font images together and calling it one brush.  I have a number of Dover images, say that Moroccan curvy shape that looks good with another shape in the middle.  I'm sort of thinking out loud here...

Q Making Custom Brushes From Dingbat Fonts.png

2 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Now that brushes can be larger in PSP, I want some of my Dingbats larger, maybe 1000px or even 1500 px?

I would assume that it could be edited for that.

3 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Would that even work from a little font file, even tho it's vector?  If it is something that would yield a pleasing result, (no jaggies), can I just edit her script?

You sure can try to edit it. And yes, the fonts used will create a vector image which will then be exported as a brush. That is the principle of the script.

4 minutes ago, Suzy said:

On the other hand, is there anything else you (Carole admin) could add to it to make it a script you might want to make and sell in the shop?  A light shadow making the dingbats stand on edge is on her .docx file.  I think that would be useful, but also think about adding two font images together and calling it one brush.  I have a number of Dover images, say that Moroccan curvy shape that looks good with another shape in the middle.  I'm sort of thinking out loud here...

If considering a shadow, then it won't be a brush anymore because you won't be able to have colors applied to the shape itself while keeping the "shadow" as black/grey. That is the advantage/disadvantage of brushes: you can choose any color, but everything would be that color. Maybe this can be added as a question for the Q&A?

Oh yeah I forgot about that colored shadow part....well, it was a cute idea, even if it won't work :))

............Maybe this can be added as a question for the Q&A?  (sorry I cound't quite figure out the

Mmm, I already have quite a few questions in there . Let's have somebody else get a chance. ?

I'm working on that Word document --> .pdf specimen sheet  you told me about in one of your blogposts.

• Accepted file types: gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png
  • Max total size: 48.83 MB

Maybe this can be added as a question for the Q&A?