Scrap Bootcamp - January 2023

Cassel

Fun project!  I had trouble right at the end - my quote didn't save until I converted that layer to a Raster.  Is that normal?  And at the top of my window, my "File" Menu disappeared from the toolbar!  I haven't figured out how to get that Menu back!  Thank goodness for the icons on the toolbar to help me out with saving and opening files.  Any thoughts on solving this menu issue?

Key take-aways from this class: Drop Shadows! Adding more layers (than I was used to) and finding sources for papers and elements. Eraser tool to create a "pinking shear" edge! Using patterns in place of solid colors.  Developing my own patterns, too. 

Great class - now I'm kicking myself for taking so long to sign up for a class!  So much easier to watch how it's done and then recreate it, than figuring it out on my own through LOTS of trial and error!  Thank you!

Project 5_600px.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Gerry LandrethInteresting tidbit of information. I heard that somewhere, a big object (maybe not a rocket) was to be moved through a town and to accommodate the space needed, they cut down hundred-year old trees on both sides of the road. At least, for power lines, they can "easily" be replaced!

Forty-four years ago, this area was rural farmland. Back then, they removed the power lines and made sure the cows were out of the way. Huntsville has grown to be the largest city in the state, so moving it was impossible. Plus, the price tag for a total refurbishment was over $7 million! 

I found the fifth project a difficult one as far as design goes.  I had forgotten the tip that I learned in a different class that if you don't change the text inside a self-wrapping selection that it will disappear on you when you resize.  But when my text disappeared, I remembered and didn't panic.   The papers and elements are from the May Flowers mini kit at digitalscrapbooking.com

This is inside the chapel at Dog Mountain (St. Johnsbury, VT)

scrap-proj-5-post.jpg

Edited by Lesley Maple
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

@Betty Welcome to the Bootcamp. Looking forward to seeing your projects. You still have a couple of days to enter the draw but this thread will stay open even if you take longer to post your projects.

@Leslie JostesFor the "disappearing text", it is a known oddity. It is explained in this article. I am glad you enjoyed this workshop. And that is the exact motivation for me to offer those: I also did the guessing game myself for years, so I know the struggles!

@Lesley MapleGlad to hear that you didn't panic!!

• Like 1

It was fun ..so i made another one ...little more simple !!

Fonts used : ActionIs------&----Mr.Haviland

Kit used: Dainty Spring 

Butterfly Element are from some years ago .....

Something i learned ....is that Pick tool for resizing !!

bootcamp 6-600.jpg

Edited by Gabriela
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

On 1/16/2023 at 10:55 AM, Ann Seeber said:

I've been a member of The Campus for over 2 years but I decided to try something new with my PSP setup. I activated the Navigation on the Manage tab in order to create thumbnails and then switched to the Edit tab and added the Organizer palette for the first time and voila, the thumbnails appeared as if by magic! It seems I'm forever hunting for the photos or elements I need so now I can gather them all in a Tray, which is also new to me.  Here's my setup:

setup 2023_600.jpg

Thank you Ann for your description of your setup.  I've been looking for the "Organizer" that I found once, then closed it and then wanted it back - but couldn't figure out how to get it back!  Your description helped - Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Project 5 -- I'm gonna call it 'done'. It has taken several days, created some frustration. Maybe added a few more gray hairs on my head ?

I know there are only 3 small squares. I made 4, but when I began merging them into one layer I realized I had the last one on a layer with something else....and I decided 3 squares were good ?  Now that I have thought about it, I suppose I could have used the history to figure out where I messed up and corrected it?

Project5_Bootcamp_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

29 minutes ago, Linda J Walker said:

Did I miss the announcement of who won the prizes?

Oh... it was supposed to be in the newsletter.

First prize - Kasany - PSP2023

Second prize - Thomas - 2 months of DIAMOND membership

Third prize - Tonimarie - $25 in the store

Thank you to all the participants. The winners were already contacted. I apologize for forgetting to add the results to the newsletter.

• Like 2
  • Love 1