Scrap Bootcamp - January 2023

Cassel

3 hours ago, Steve Kovacs said:

Hello.  In doing this next project I am not sure why but when I chose the magic wand and click on the photo that I want to place a frame around it selects the entire back ground??? 

Make sure your photo is on a different layer. And you have that layer selected.

Make sure the 'mode' is set to 'replace', and the 'match mode' is set to 'opacity'. Tolerance set to 0. "Use All Layers" has to be unchecked too, as Rene Marker said!

• Like 2

@kasanyDid you add shadows to the photos? If so, what were the settings? They are either very faint or they are missing. They are nicely placed on the title, however!

@Ann SeeberNice use of the two color title and the pinked edge.

@Steve Kovacs One suggestion: instead of stretching an element, make a duplicate copy and overlap the two. It might work in some situations. For your Magic Wand issue, a few questions: (1) are you on the correct layer? (2) Do you have All layers checkbox checked? For your project, it is great that you found an alternative instead of being stuck! For the paint splash, that is one type of elements that typically would not need a shadow.

@Mary SolaasI don't think the texture of the paper would be the cause. Does the text have some stroke? It might be just due to the resizing, although it is interesting that it is less obvious with Arial than the first font.

@Thomas WillisI love those colors and you did a great job of reusing the colors in the title. It loks great.

@Tonimarie Cute photos! Glad you liked this lesson. I try to incorporate simple yet versatile techniques in each lesson. Hopefully, you will find other opportunities to use them later.

Keep them coming!!!

Carole, the photos in Project3 have been corrected a bit  in PSP9-OneStepPhotoFix. I cannot do anything in JK's cellphone. I'm glad I have shots from his cellphone:))))))

I've corrected a little bit photos in my Project4, but it was impossible to add SUN, sorry. I'm happy it was not snowing when JK has been there. 

Project4CloseToTheSea.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I love the picture with the trees.  And I really like your title, it looks really neat.  Also the frames are a really nice touch and the background paper is beautiful.  Oh man, should I have just said I like the whole layout.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1

This is my 4th project. No long story for this one.  I really didn't come up with any "fun" way to do the title.  Papers were from Janet Kemp's Pond Life kit and the elements were from Jessica Dunn's kit Swim with the Fishes.  Both kits available at digitalscrapbooking.com.  Photos taken at a local pond.

scrap-proj-4-post.jpg

Edited by Lesley Maple
add details
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

This is my 5-year-old great-nephew, Noah, who loves dinosaurs. The shadows on the dinos were an experiment. I guess I could have treated them as stickers, but it gave me a chance to try something different. The papers and elements are from a collaborative kit called Boy of Mine. The font is Unicorn Express from Creative Fabrica.

Carole: The buttons from the previous layout were "as is" from the designer. After your observations, I probably wouldn't have used them. I did try to flip them, but it didn't work in the space I wanted. After this, I will never look at a button the same way again. 

I'm having trouble with brushes loading. It takes almost two minutes before they are loaded and ready for use. I seem to remember that you had addressed this for someone else before. Would you refresh my memory? Thanks!

GNL_Project_4_600.jpg

EMS_BOM_buttons_600.jpg

Edited by Gerry Landreth
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

@kasany Great work so far. I have to say that those stripes are a real "eye-catcher"!

@Steve Kovacs This is just the beginning. And there are more workshops and lessons to come for those who want some! The "error" with the owl pictures frame is actually interesting as it shows the birds sticking out of the frame, somehow. It is a bit similar to the out-of-bound technique, but just more subtlely. If you have a hard time filling the selection, check this article.

@Lesley MapleI see you nicely used the pinked edge technique. Great.

@Gerry LandrethAfter this "button" issue, I am sure you will notice those details in future elements. Cast shadows are a bit challenging, but you got a good start. Have a peek at the Advanced shadowing with PSP class for more details.

@GabrielaThat is a beautiful layout to showcase great photos! That dog is definitely photogenic!

Tomorrow, you will get the last lesson with a project tutorial. Then, you will have several days to catch up if you are still behind (or if you have not posted yet). Looking forward to seeing them.

• Love 1

BOOTCAMP DAY 9 - #4 - FROST MOON

• Background paper: StarWarsMayTheForth kit
  • Title: Bauhaus93 font filled with white glitter
  • Button: SNU_1-2-BuckleMyShoe_Emb-Marble
  • Journaling font: Century Gothic
  • Journaling info: The Farmer's Almanac
  • Frame: Inner Bevel #7 @ 43
  • Clip + Flower: SNU_1-2-BuckleMyShoe
  • Photo: Fred Coffey-Photographer

DAY 11 - FROST MOON_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

22 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

spacer.png

Wow!  Ann, that is beautiful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

spacer.png

I see only "spacer.png" at the bottom of your description. No actual pic.

Here in the United States, the Bald Eagle is our national bird. A hundred years ago, it was on the brink of extinction. But it has recovered. There are areas where the birds are known to nest.  And I had heard they could be seen on our local creek, but never saw one. One day in July last year, I drove out toward the creek to run an errand. I saw a large bird on the edge of the road. I slowed and expected it to fly away. But it didn't. As I drove past, I realized it was a Bald Eagle! I had to turn around, and get my camera out of my purse! It was very concentrated on eating lunch, which was roadkill in the weeds.

I have not been feeling well the past 3 days. I realize now I didn't do anything with the title, and I may have missed another step or 2, but I just don't feel up to it now. Since I had it halfway done, I felt I needed to finish it. I hope to work on Project 5 tomorrow, praying for a better day.

Project4_Bootcamp_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5