Scrap Bootcamp - January 2023

Cassel

@TonimarieWe often change our minds when doing digital scrapbooking. That is the beauty of the digital medium: we CAN. In your projects, I would be careful about two details: the shadows are a little inconsistent, like the button is missing some, and the distortion in resizing (the photo in the frame of the bottom right is obviously distorted, maybe when you tried to fit it in the frame?). For resizing, check this article for tips. Looking forward to many more pages! For your project 2, that is such a fun photo to use! I would say to be careful with the bevelling/buttonize; applied to the whole page, it makes the edges look a little unrealistic. A simple shadow would be enough.

@kasanyVery simple yet effective page. You might want to add those details like the location and date on your page, as subtlely as you want so that someone looking at it without you, would know what it is about. For the project 2, you would get more realism if you were to add shadows to the individual elements in the cluster. When using a whole background to show a photo, you can either make sure we see it all (so not putting something big on top of it) or apply an effect so we are not trying to look behind that element. For example, you can lower the opacity so the focus is on the small version, or create a watercolor effect, or something like that. Instinctively, we are looking at that large photo, while we can't see it all, and it is showcased in the small one very nicely.

@Anja PelzerHave you ever considered using a QR code on a page to add a link to more information? I plan on having an article on the subject in the near future.

@Steve Kovacsthat is a wonderful choice for the background. That rich color and texture really makes the photo stand out. Personally, I might have used a lighter color for the title but that is just a preference.

@Gerry LandrethThose faces defiinitely look like fish. That is a great connection!

@Linda J WalkerThat is definitely a photo to showcase! And with the date on the page, it shows how it was a nice Christmas visit!

@GabrielaWonderful photo. I think you might have forgotten the shadows on the papers OR might have those layers hidden (that happens when we work).

Do we still have some lurkers? Don't be shy! And if you are just visiting and not part of the Bootcamp, remember to "like" all those wonderful projects.

• Like 1

Day 5 - Project 2 - Magic on the Beach in Costa Rica. My California family is there as we speak, and Magic's mother, Lucy, sent all the photos used on this layout. The frame for the photo is a PSP frame called Transparent; the title font is Hello Butterfly with an inner bevel #7; the text on the right is done in Kleymissky font. The flower embellishment is from my Just Beachy kit by Lin Jane. The toucan is from the eyeinspire fruitloops kit. Lucy included a little poem with the photos she posted. 

Pura Vida

Slow flow

Sunshine and resupply of vitamin d

Much appreciated after weeks of NorCal rain

A new heart home deep on mama Pacifica

Magic home

Water baby

Pool obsessed

Heart full of deepest appreciation and reverence for this beautiful planet we call home

MAGIC BEACH COSTA RICA 2023_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 4
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Day 5 - Project 2 - Magic on the Beach in Costa Rica. My California family is there as we speak, and Magic's mother, Lucy, sent all the photos used on this layout. The frame for the photo is a PSP frame called Transparent; the title font is Hello Butterfly with an inner bevel #7; the text on the right is done in Kleymissky font. The flower embellishment is from my Just Beachy kit by Lin Jane. The toucan is from the eyeinspire fruitloops kit. Lucy included a little poem with the photos she posted. 

Pura Vida

Slow flow

Sunshine and resupply of vitamin d

Much appreciated after weeks of NorCal rain

A new heart home deep on mama Pacifica

Magic home

Water baby

Pool obsessed

Heart full of deepest appreciation and reverence for this beautiful planet we call home

MAGIC BEACH COSTA RICA 2023_600.jpg

LOVE the poem, Ann!  Beautiful sunset and beach.  Are the horses just walking around where ever they please?  Are they wild or tame?  Alberta has a wild horse population.  One of my favorite photographers, Rick Price, shoots them (with a camera!).  His work is stunning and the wild horses are really skookum, not skinny like I've seen in other wild horse populations.  You can find his picts on Flickr...he is Rick Price (RED DEER).  There are a number of Rick Prices on there so make sure it's red deer.  He has really incredible shots of bears and other animals too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Susan, I haven't had a chance to ask Lucy about the horses. I will when they return to California. It is her poem and all the photos. Looking more closely at the photo, I see posts and wire fencing so I'm sure they're not free-roaming.

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2

540750676_Project2-600.jpg.4d9d0b58b11651413cfb4a2c1dcf38ec.jpg

Buddy showed up one day, under nourished and looking for a home. He instantly became a part of the family. He enjoyed "hanging ten" and surveying his vast estate. He also spent a lot of time in my lap. He loved his new wonderful life for years. He developed cancer and you know the rest. Buddy was my buddy. RIP Buddy.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go with Project 2.  First I was thinking about using a dog picture again but then I figured I'd use a picture of me riding my motorcycle out of a covered bridge but I'm going to save that for a different project.  

So I settled on this.  Every October, there is a motorcycle ride to raise money for a local cancer center.  This year there were more than 800 motorcycles taking part.  Folks dress up in pink (even though it's for all forms of cancer, they've adopted the color pink since the ride is in October) and there is a big party/luncheon afterwards.  This is the view from my windshield (GoPro was mounted there). 

scrap-proj-2-post.jpg

• Like 6

@Anne LampThose feathers are nice and multicolored. However, since feathers have typically a soft edge, maybe you can consider blurring the shadow a bit more to give them that soft look. If you have the shadows on separate layers, you can add that effect on your layered project. On the Mother's Day page, one element seems to have an oddly large shadow. Maybe you moved the element with the Pick tool and it didn't move the shadow? It is definitely a nice photo to showcase.

@Ann Seeber Nice way to use that large image in the background since the focus of the photo is on the bottom and not majorly covered.

@Thomas WillisSimple photo, simple layout and it's all that is needed. Your shadowing is correct and realistic. Good work.

@Mary SolaasNice and colorful page. Well done!

@Lesley MapleYou know, you could easily add that story directly onto the page for anyone who would see it without you around to tell it! ?

Are you looking forward to the third project? It is coming tomorrow so keep an eye on your inbox!

Hello  Everyday I have looked and watched and thought about trying to work on what I want to but Finally spent all day and up to now and got mine done.

there was so sweating, fussying, words ?  anything just creative and so much fun,  never give up right?  WEll heres my sandwhich I had fun doing it and it made me calm and happy better than thearpy super better than a panic attack oppiside end of level so got it dont.  I used the freebee from plaid 4 on our Campus store, because I like it thank you for the use of it.  And I put salt and pepper on my sandwich to I left the top off so you can see my salt and pepper and mustard and mayo on my sandwhich oh could of wipped off my knife but had to slatther more mayo on it.  This is was and crazy to how long it takes me to grasp a lot of things.  Along with that I am a way hommer never get things till way later its my brian.  I do have brain damage from a lot of abuse prior to birth and since in childhood.  7 wonders I can do anything if you knew the whole story so i am Proud of myself and mad that I tell anyone but those who know me from here already knows I am slow.  But I keep trying it helps me so much to do that,  Back on topic  Thank you all for being nice to me  to my Teacher shes Awesome to me, and this is better than anything I have done for myself and cont to do so Espically since my Parkinson diagnosise a few yrs ago.   I admire you guys so much  and because of nice ppl who Gods put in my life I  know how to be a nice person and my Accoplishments are Great my daughters said and theripts Cassel is my Best one  though she has No Degree in theapary for  brain injuries.  My kids are my biggest fans but since they have been adults at time I see  Well I dont care bout that.  I care about looking at them Sweet faces what love I feel knowing I got to have a life and those loves and the Grands omg  they are all like you guys, Smart, great, its totally amazing.  Its all God I know that so here is my sandwhich with and whitout a top so my mustard and mayo and sald and pepper show threw so silly but joy tonight has given me is so high a lot.  I used the golf balls again tubes for my marshmellows  THANK YOU ALL    THANK YOU CASSEL  CAROLE TEACHER ?  FRIEND.

1sand.jpg

1sand2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Darn if you get thru that you Sound get extra Karma or Points for being a Good Peron my words up to heaves Lol  like I meant  NO sweating, cussing, nothing but fun doing this.  I need to proof read but I will try to do better, from now on.    Also I couldn't upload my pics it has to not be the psp image never tried to do that but got thru it and resized I think the right size and made me a jpg without sweating, fussing, have fits and breaking down LOL   big step for me lol   I think its the best I have ever done   I really have always cared but  everything's such a fight for me but trying.  That's all that matter right    your all good examples for me.   thank you

• Like 3

darn me    lol    the meat is put aside cause its for my dog bruce you guys know him he was my last rescue who I said yrs ago in frustration to him he was going to be my last rescues I didn't know he was going to be mine up till I did know all his homes fell thru no one would take him for more than a week but they didn't give him back and I realized hes suppose to be mine and is has been since i finally seen it.   YRS  lol  but anyways  that's why my meat is to the side hes so fussy but hes mine and I keep him alive and he does the same for me lol  no really for real lol  Ok  this note will take me 45 mins to try to fix like last message but I am trying to do better its important to me to keep trying its a battle.  ugh  but  Happy and its helped me make it thru this cold night and all my stress and fears and all that.   I am glad MOST People are like You not me  My kids are blessed they had me One thing a child needs is ONE Person who loves them they had me I am so proud of me on that.  My daughter I meant to say told me I am a cycle breaker, anyone can could be first you have to care that is all.  now feel like I should put bruce on here ?   lol    thank You  

59390108_2479689398709087_632648618276290560_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 1/20/2023 at 2:56 AM, Ann Seeber said:

Hi Tonimarie - glad you could join us. If I had to choose, I'd pick the layout with the button. Zackary sure is a cutie! ?

Hi Diamond Ann   I wished I could cut my sandwich  loved yours  I tried but 5 hrs later just quit trying but got mine uploaded so happy to I get to climb the next mt (lesson)_  lol  your so awesome ty for that  and now seen this didn't post quite where I tried to post it   thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Cindy Harris.  I love both of your sandwiches.  How neat you took the top piece of bread off so we could see that you put mayo and mustard on your sandwich - AND I can see it on yo ur knife.  WOW!!!  How thoughtful to put extra meat on the side plate for your puppy!  And I, too, like that plaid that you used for your tablecloth.

As the captain said (on Galaxy Quest)  NEVER GIVE UP.  NEVER GIVE UP.  Anyway - with the Lord at your side, you'll always be able to get up!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Project 3

I used the Janet Kemp Woodland Winter kit again, I think it goes nicely with the critters. I don't like the glitter paper much. I tried to adjust the blend mode, but I was not any happier with it, so I left it alone.

Question on the text, you clicked on the checkerboard for no outline. Is that the same as making the width of the stroke 0? Do they do the same thing?

Project3_Bootcamp_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2