Anyone have some time to help me get thru a lab?

cindy harris

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 6:56 AM, cindy harris said:

I dont know how a lab partner would work but sure want to try to move ahead, been stuck a while on things.    thanks     Anyone have any Ideas?

Hi Cindy,

I thought of something that really helped me.  When I first started with the Campus I would watch the tutorials (or labs etc) and i would have to go back and forth between PSP and the tutorial.  I'd watch the tutorial, stop, maximize PSP (that is open) and try to follow the instruction from memory.  That never went well for me, I'd forget the instruction and have to tab back to the tutorial and then tab back to PSP...it took forever!  So I started to watch the tutorial and make notes.  that also took forever and I found I would miss key things in my notes, like what layer I was supposed to be on, what settings for the tools etc.  Learning this way was very slow for me.  Here's what I did to change how I was able to follow a tutorial AND work on PSP at the same time.  

I had an older laptop.  I put that on the desk (or even on a chair when my desk was really small) and I'd have the tutorial playing while PSP was open on my desktop computer.  I could then watch a step in the tutorial and  hit the pause button, then go to my desk top and do the step in PSP, and continue back and forth.  Having both the tutorial watchable at the same time as I had PSP open meant I could follow along and do the steps as Carole says them in the tutorials.  Sometimes, i find it's more what Carole says that really helps as well, and i had to look very carefully at the steps as she did them, and pay attention to settings and what layer she was on.  I did A LOT (and I mean A LOT!) of rewinding and replaying.  But I got there in the end.  

I understand though this requires you to have a desk top and a laptop (or two laptops).  Another option is two monitors (which I have now) where I can watch on one monitor and do the instructions in PSP on the other monitor.  If you have acces to an extra laptop that can go online this could really help you do the tutorial one step at a time at your own pace.  Believe me, some tutorials took me hours to get through.  Remember the 3 P's. PRACTICE. PATIENCE. PERSEVERANCE.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank You right now we had storms here didn't have power its back up me to, thank you so much I had ideas to while reading you.... I am going to do them along with the 3 Ps and everything you hit on totally so right.     But now I am starting bootcamp and feel behind on that our weathers crazy here Hope I can get some done on my sandwich I have a good feeling right now I am going to go get it done.   Thank You  your so nice

• Like 1

Cindy, you can also easily show the two pages on your screen side by side at the same time regardless of the size of your monitor.  With your first page open, PSP for example, click on the multiple pages icon just to the left of the 'X' in the upper right corner.  The page will reduce.  Grab the sides and adjust as you like.  Then open your second page, a Lab tutorial for example, and do the same.  Position them side by side.  You can use Control + the roller on your mouse to quickly zoom in or out on whichever page you're on.

• Like 3