Jump to content

What are you working on (in January 2023)?


Cassel

Recommended Posts

My daughter asked me to make an itinerary for when her best friend visits her in Savannah, GA. I decided to make a card with the itinerary inside. So far, I have made the back and front of the letter size card. It will be printed on card paper. Heidi loves pink and loves glitter. The glitter is from Creative Fabrica, the plane and tag on the luggage are from Digital Scrapbook, the newspaper mockup is from Deal Jumbo, the suitcase is from lsj designs, the tiara a free brush from Brusheezy, the old maps are of old Savannah downloaded from the Library of Congress, and the the airport map is from Google. I plan on using a color version of Heidi for the inside which hasn't been started yet. Beth, fortunately, gave plenty of time. My husband did the proofreading and saved me some embarrassment.

card600.jpg

heidi400.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

   I love the new forum  its Great,    I love that I get a email and all them are on it   and I love that I can put a heart or thumb up on your messages   

     HI ALL   your ALL SO AWESOME               I am a diamond but I dont know how to do stuff  been reworking on starting over 9 times so far   I watch the video then then instructions

and over and over  but Boot camps I can almost go thru without a glich now  Cant wait till the next one,   Labs are so hard,  if they aren't showing every lil step I lost my place

is why I ant do them only did one so far with no problem and dont even remember which its just been not easy  but You all are  G R E A T   and my  TEACHER IS GREAT.

ITS ME BUT I AM TRYING 🙂

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cindy, first, congratulate yourself for getting through the Bootcamps without a glitch.  Believe me, I find some (okay, lots!) stuff hard too. Sometimes I need to reset my brain and I walk away for a while and then come back with a fresh mind and fresh eyes.  If the labs are too hard right now try some tutorials. Pick the ones that have one button rating to start so you succeed and feel an accomplishment (good for your confidence).  Using three tutorials of your choosing you can make your own layout (or your own LAB) until you are ready to jump up to the Notebook Labs.  Remember...baby steps, where we all started. It's a different journey for everyone; some of us (like me) crawl longer and some are off to the races immediately.  Just keep moving forward, do the the things you can do and add in a little challenge now and then.   And another thing I learned from Sue Thomas, if you like a technique, keep doing it until you can do it without reading the instructions.  I'm still working on that one.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, cindy harris said:

   I love the new forum  its Great,    I love that I get a email and all them are on it   and I love that I can put a heart or thumb up on your messages   

     HI ALL   your ALL SO AWESOME               I am a diamond but I dont know how to do stuff  been reworking on starting over 9 times so far   I watch the video then then instructions

and over and over  but Boot camps I can almost go thru without a glich now  Cant wait till the next one,   Labs are so hard,  if they aren't showing every lil step I lost my place

is why I ant do them only did one so far with no problem and dont even remember which its just been not easy  but You all are  G R E A T   and my  TEACHER IS GREAT.

ITS ME BUT I AM TRYING 🙂

Cindy, I just signed up for the next Bootcamp (again!) I take them every time they're offered and have made brand new layouts each time while practicing the lessons given. Looking forward to seeing you there! 😊

Edited by Ann Seeber
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found the "Year in Review" freebie template in the store while looking for something else. I used it pretty much as is, just a background with some text and some coloring. For each month I choose a project from that month that I did for  that month. Because there isn't space for the whole layouts I took a detail from each.

YearInReview-2022-600.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I should also show what I do, when I am not recording videos!

large.cass-YearInReview-2022-mine-600.jpg

In summary:

January: my husbnd showing off his new kitchen attire (he loves to cook and bake)
February: an accident a few hundred meters from our house torn down an electric pole. Power failure for a few hours
March: a little visit to the ER. Nothing serious although concerning for me
April: yes, still getting some snow
May: a little present sent by someone I have helped with her PSP. Lovely notebook!
June: a visit in Ottawa, where I met 3 "colleagues" from Corel
July: cookies for Xavier's 2nd birthday (no I didn't make the cookies)
August: at my age, first encounter with... lice!
September: upgrading the kitchen to add a backsplash but we also have to move one counter by about an inch!
October: leaf raking with the grandson
November: visit to Montreal and a tour of Illumi
December: a little peek-a-boo cat made for Xavier's quiet book. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

I've lost my invite to attend the Master Class this afternoon.  Help.

You should get another one, one hour before the start. Unfortunately, we cannot share links, and I don't have "extras". If you don't get anything within the last hour, let me know and i'll contact support

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since I already did a Year in Review, I took the new template and used it for a layout of my daughter, Laurey and her friend, Kim, when they visited the Harry Potter Forbidden Forest Experience in nearby Westchester County, NY, this past week. I used part of one of the photos as a background. The whole thing is very simple, but the photos speak for themselves!

HARRY POTTER_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am participating in a month long challenge at The Lily Pad and today was the first challenge that was a "Technique" challenge. It required blending a photo into a background using layers of paint, gesso, or watercolor (all items had to be from the store on the website). They wanted more than one mask layer and to use blending if possible.

I used 7 mask layers (6 paint, 1 gesso). I'm thankful for the Mask workshop earlier this year and this challenge helped to reinforce what I learned.large.363708102_20230108MOC.jpg.0ca24bfc6cd347859c25e045469e320c.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Since I already did a Year in Review, I took the new template and used it for a layout of my daughter, Laurey and her friend, Kim, when they visited the Harry Potter Forbidden Forest Experience in nearby Westchester County, NY, this past week. I used part of one of the photos as a background. The whole thing is very simple, but the photos speak for themselves!

Great way to use the template differently!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rene Marker said:

I'm thankful for the Mask workshop earlier this year and this challenge helped to reinforce what I learned.

I saw that challenge and thought of the Mask workshop too!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great idea with the template Ann. 

Rene, that is exactly what I want to do.  Lots of blending with paints, gesso and watercolor.  Did they also have tutorials on how to do that?  I will work more on masks in the new year as I really want to learn that really blended background and getting the edges of layers brushed out etc.  Alas, January is for cleaning out/culling all the clutter in my house...and hopefully my computer.  changes in hours at work and losing more paper runs on the press (newspaper industry) should leave me with more time.  I will try and use it well.  I bought the yearly membership so I didnt have to worry about the loss of income.  And because I got a gift of money to my Paypal account!  they say when one door closes (my hours) another door opens (a wonderful gift of creativity with another year of instruction).  

I am really looking forward to the February workshop.  It is daunting, but I know I will come out with a completed kit at the end. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Great idea with the template Ann. 

Rene, that is exactly what I want to do.  Lots of blending with paints, gesso and watercolor.  Did they also have tutorials on how to do that?  I will work more on masks in the new year as I really want to learn that really blended background and getting the edges of layers brushed out etc.  Alas, January is for cleaning out/culling all the clutter in my house...and hopefully my computer.  changes in hours at work and losing more paper runs on the press (newspaper industry) should leave me with more time.  I will try and use it well.  I bought the yearly membership so I didnt have to worry about the loss of income.  And because I got a gift of money to my Paypal account!  they say when one door closes (my hours) another door opens (a wonderful gift of creativity with another year of instruction).  

I am really looking forward to the February workshop.  It is daunting, but I know I will come out with a completed kit at the end. 

There are some example screenshots in the main post about the challenge but they are all from PS. They do try to link to tutorials for other software and the one they linked to for PSP was from the Corel How-To Guide on Using Photo Masks. And, that one doesn't really go into what the actual technique challenge is about. 

I ended up looking at the Mask Masterclass handout to see if that would help but actually found better help in the Mask Workshop (Lesson 3) and a blog post about Using transparent masks from April 2, 2015.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lab 10 Mod 10.  Requirements: Cross pattern - made several papers and the background is one; Grosgrain Ribbon - made several and the short ribbon in the cluster is one of them; Mushroom - this was interesting - made several and grouped them here with a piece of grass from Creative Fabrica.  Rest of the stuff is from my stash.  The font is Ballpark. The pictures were taken by me and Laurie on a trip there in 2020.

Lab 10 Mod 10_600.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Cassel unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...