What are you working on (in January 2023)?

Cassel

My interpretation of the stencil. I will be using it as an Easter tag. Currently I have been creating my own Easter vector shapes. Closer to Easter I will post for download for you, a vector shape Easter egg tag, which will have the hole already punched out. I won't post any of the others, as I want to encourage you to create your own. I also created the vector flower in the tag.

Easter tag.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

12 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

My interpretation of the stencil. I will be using it as an Easter tag. Currently I have been creating my own Easter vector shapes. Closer to Easter I will post for download for you, a vector shape Easter egg tag, which will have the hole already punched out. I won't post any of the others, as I want to encourage you to create your own. I also created the vector flower in the tag.

Easter tag.jpg

Sue very nice, but now I almost don't dare to show - when finished - the one I'm currently working on because I had a quite similar idea for an easter stencil! Today I just bought PSP2023 so I'm still in the proces of customizing it, not everything goes automatic. Once that is finished to my satisfaction I'll resume my easteregg.?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Sue very nice, but now I almost don't dare to show - when finished - the one I'm currently working on because I had a quite similar idea for an easter stencil! Today I just bought PSP2023 so I'm still in the proces of customizing it, not everything goes automatic. Once that is finished to my satisfaction I'll resume my easteregg.?

I would love to see your interpretation too Corrie.  Even if you think it's a similar concept, it will still have your spin on it.  I bought PSP 2023 too but have not downloaded it yet.  It's a big job.  I have a list that I go through....if I can find the list!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried the 2nd part of LAB 13-1 tonight.  Finding the right font is key, I didnt get enough overlap on some letters to make it look as nice as Carole's example.  I put the same texture on all of it because it looked like it was painted on a cement wall.  It probably wont show in the smaller size.  Font is called Listing Packs (weird, I know), probably from Creative Fabrica.  My font program came with access to Google fonts so now they are all mixed in and I dont know who came from where.  This is just me trying the exercise, I think I would do it differently next time adding some pattern to the letters.  My head got muddled up when I was remembering which letter was behind of in front of the other.  It was fun to do though, and any vector practice is good for me.  Realized I didnt put shadows in, here it is with shadows.

LAB 13-1 stencil part 2 WIP-600.jpg

LAB 13-1 stencil part 2 WIP-with shadow-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
for the shadows
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

16 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Susan you have done a super job!  A great piece of work.   After seeing this you should excel at creating word art.  A lot of the same principals are the same.  

Sue, thank you for you kind and supportive words.  My heart is singing right now.  I feel daunted with word art.  I love your creations and wonder how you just know where to put it all.  I will surely give it a go though. 

16 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I tried the 2nd part of LAB 13-1 tonight.  Finding the right font is key, I didnt get enough overlap on some letters to make it look as nice as Carole's example.  I put the same texture on all of it because it looked like it was painted on a cement wall.  It probably wont show in the smaller size.  Font is called Listing Packs (weird, I know), probably from Creative Fabrica.  My font program came with access to Google fonts so now they are all mixed in and I dont know who came from where.  This is just me trying the exercise, I think I would do it differently next time adding some pattern to the letters.  My head got muddled up when I was remembering which letter was behind of in front of the other.  It was fun to do though, and any vector practice is good for me.  Realized I didnt put shadows in, here it is with shadows.

LAB 13-1 stencil part 2 WIP-600.jpg

LAB 13-1 stencil part 2 WIP-with shadow-600.jpg

Susan this looks great and the stencil with words is next on my list to give it a try and thanks to you I know now that I have to be careful in selecting the font to use!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Susan this looks great and the stencil with words is next on my list to give it a try and thanks to you I know now that I have to be careful in selecting the font to use!

Thank you Corrie, it really is an enjoyable Lab, both parts, I cant see using both these techniques frequently. I think the font sizing issue was because I made my stencil on a full size canvas (3600x3600).  I've always made elements on a smaller canvas size and then when it's a raster and I'm using them I found I couldnt size it as large as I needed for my layout as it would get blurry.  So I figured I needed to make the elements bigger and size down if need be.  Some of the fonts I picked didnt take well to the thicker outline and the problem with going on a large canvas to start with, is some fonts just dont go big enough for the circle (which I had to make smaller).  It's a good to learn that there is such a thing as starting "too small" or "too big".  I did size up the fonts when they were Vectors with the pick tool.  But if I wanted to make them all the same size it would have added more work, at least it's do-able to do that beyound the size in the drop down menu.

4 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Thank you Corrie, it really is an enjoyable Lab, both parts, I cant see using both these techniques frequently. I think the font sizing issue was because I made my stencil on a full size canvas (3600x3600).  I've always made elements on a smaller canvas size and then when it's a raster and I'm using them I found I couldnt size it as large as I needed for my layout as it would get blurry.  So I figured I needed to make the elements bigger and size down if need be.  Some of the fonts I picked didnt take well to the thicker outline and the problem with going on a large canvas to start with, is some fonts just dont go big enough for the circle (which I had to make smaller).  It's a good to learn that there is such a thing as starting "too small" or "too big".  I did size up the fonts when they were Vectors with the pick tool.  But if I wanted to make them all the same size it would have added more work, at least it's do-able to do that beyound the size in the drop down menu.

Susan I don't know which version of PSP you are currently using but if it is 2021 or 2022 you can easely upsize with the AI mode as needed. I use it often and like the results

39 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Susan I don't know which version of PSP you are currently using but if it is 2021 or 2022 you can easely upsize with the AI mode as needed. I use it often and like the results

I've never tried it. I have 2022 and 2023 (not loaded yet).  Is it pretty straightforward to use.  I should try it on some of the elements I've made that were too small and see what happens. 

• Cassel unpinned this topic