What are you working on (in January 2023)?

Cassel

36 minutes ago, Colin Hooson said:

Hi all, I know I'm getting a pain in the you know where, but this one is just for Cassel thanks for the window and garland, hope you like what I did with them

You are NOT a pain in the you know where!!! We love to see your projects and how you use various supplies, even my freebies!

Be careful NOT to change the proportions as it distorts the elements! If needed, you better just crop the image behind.

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, kasany said:

Project5corrected. My pic is too blue. But I like its blue;)

Could you try to add a solid blue layer on top of your background, and lower the opacity? That would still be blue, but it will create a separation between the background and the decorative elements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Could you try to add a solid blue layer on top of your background, and lower the opacity? That would still be blue, but it will create a separation between the background and the decorative elements.

I will try to...tomorrow. Thanks for advice:))))

Probably the last for January.  This is Lab 10 Mod 11.  Requirements:  crazy monster letters, googly eyes, beads in a picture tube.  All done.  I also created letters from a  bone that was in one of the Halloween picture tubes (there are several).  I also used those tubes for the bats, cat, spider.  The spider web is mine from a previous lab.  The picture is from Unsplash - by Annie Spratt.  The 3 monsters are from PS -- Sheila Reid; The skeletons are from PS - Brooke Gazarak.  Think I have credited everyone.  The background paper is mine created in another lab.

Lab 10 Mod 11_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 4

19 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Probably the last for January.  This is Lab 10 Mod 11.  Requirements:  crazy monster letters, googly eyes, beads in a picture tube.  All done.  I also created letters from a  bone that was in one of the Halloween picture tubes (there are several).  I also used those tubes for the bats, cat, spider.  The spider web is mine from a previous lab.  The picture is from Unsplash - by Annie Spratt.  The 3 monsters are from PS -- Sheila Reid; The skeletons are from PS - Brooke Gazarak.  Think I have credited everyone.  The background paper is mine created in another lab.

Lab 10 Mod 11_600.jpg

Wonderful layout Mary!  Love the teeth on the 'B' and the nose and mustache on the 'M'.  The bone letters are very fun looking.  Did you make a whole alphabet?  At my Lab pace I'll be doing that in a couple of years.?

Edited by Susan Ewart
forgot something
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Inspired by a layout from Promethean Concepts by Laurel Stone in the ALFLT January 2022 Blog Train, Heart Full of Love. The font is Poor Richard; I have a lot of valentine/heart fonts, but I thought the template had enough hearts already lol. In fact, there was another bunch of hearts on the top that I deleted to have room for my titles.

large.1438240392_FABDLDoubleDate!600.jpg.795027c45dd59b85895b9c995697b033.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

OK the last one for this month,  it a gnome word wall. I took the words from a free download from Creative Fabrica the gnomes moved in and set up home in the depths of my computer; they pop up from time to time, I don't remember where I got the candy canes from, I have about 80,000 clip art items mainly on two discs. Keeping track of that lot is a nightmare

Gnome style word wall 600.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Colin Hooson said:

OK the last one for this month,  it a gnome word wall. I took the words from a free download from Creative Fabrica the gnomes moved in and set up home in the depths of my computer; they pop up from time to time, I don't remember where I got the candy canes from, I have about 80,000 clip art items mainly on two discs. Keeping track of that lot is a nightmare

Gnome style word wall 600.jpg

I LOVE gnomes!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Michele said:

Inspired by a layout from Promethean Concepts by Laurel Stone in the ALFLT January 2022 Blog Train, Heart Full of Love. The font is Poor Richard; I have a lot of valentine/heart fonts, but I thought the template had enough hearts already lol. In fact, there was another bunch of hearts on the top that I deleted to have room for my titles.

large.1438240392_FABDLDoubleDate!600.jpg.795027c45dd59b85895b9c995697b033.jpg

Another great use of the stencil tutorial in Lab 13-01!

• Like 2

Corrie: Weren't the hearts in Michelle's layout part of a template from that Blog Train? She said they were top and bottom and she removed the top one for her titles. I looked at them and thought, hmm, another way to TRY to do the stencils. I'm not having much luck with them so far. I need to get back to Carole's video in that Lab.

• Like 1

One last January pic.  The butterflies are from pictures I took at butterfly house in Florida. The background are two layers I created with the kaleidoscope effect starting with a background from "Christmas-Snowflake-Digital-Paper-Pack-45966505" Also used the Butterfly picturetubeThe font is Anelya.

gutterflies on blue 6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Oh what fun Lab 13-1 is!  Two out of one Susans recommend it (I'm a Gemini; 2 peeps in one body).  

Stencils!

I didnt know I needed to know this, to do some of the ideas floating around in my head. I really like this technique.  And now I'm ready for next Christmas...except I'll probably forget about this by then.  The font is Bornsa (Creative Fabrica I think).  I used texture effects on the background and on the stencil itself and the frame around the background.  I sure need practice getting my circles lined up when I'm first making them.  They seem to build/land not where I'm expecting.  Good thing we can move and resize.  It wasnt until I finished that I noticed I didnt get one lined up well.  Photo is mine from a Christmas card a few years back, BPSPATSC (Before PSP and the Scrapbook Campus). ?

LAB 13-1 Stencil Xmas 2023-600.jpg

• Love 6

I finally came up with something from the stencil lesson. Actually, inspired by Pirkko's daffodils. The moon photo from Fred Coffey inspired a little science fiction. The font is SF Distant Galaxy. I turned the photo into a negative image. Also added a few flares from my Tube files. 

PERMISSION TO LAND_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I finally came up with something from the stencil lesson. Actually, inspired by Pirkko's daffodils. The moon photo from Fred Coffey inspired a little science fiction. The font is SF Distant Galaxy. I turned the photo into a negative image. Also added a few flares from my Tube files. 

PERMISSION TO LAND_600.jpg

Ann, this is awesome.  I've done negative image too, it's very interesting isnt it.  This is a great concept and I totally get the space reference.  

• Love 1

I used the template from Lab 13-01 which has a split title. I had to remove one photo group and my split title is actually hyphenated. Not exactly the same. Oh, well. The outside frame is a PSP frame labeled transparent. The blue patterned paper is from Rachel Martin and the woodgrain is Marisa Lerin, Winter Day. Mostly I just added texture to the other papers. The font is Bernard MT and the yellow arrow is from Marisa Lerin in a kit called 1000. The photos are mine, from my front yard, except for the top left portrait that I got from Ed Frampton. 

BLACK VULTURE TUG-OF-WAR_600.jpg

• Love 4

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I used the template from Lab 13-01 which has a split title. I had to remove one photo group and my split title is actually hyphenated. Not exactly the same. Oh, well. The outside frame is a PSP frame labeled transparent. The blue patterned paper is from Rachel Martin and the woodgrain is Marisa Lerin, Winter Day. Mostly I just added texture to the other papers. The font is Bernard MT and the yellow arrow is from Marisa Lerin in a kit called 1000. The photos are mine, from my front yard, except for the top left portrait that I got from Ed Frampton. 

BLACK VULTURE TUG-OF-WAR_600.jpg

Wow!  You have vultures in your front yard.  How cool is that?  Are they big?

• Haha 1
  • Love 1