What are you working on (in January 2023)?

Cassel

16 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

I did another layout recently much like this one. Different person...same fun time. Elements at the bottom of the page were cut from the photos. This is actually 5 photos.

2023 1 4  Judy Love Messick 600.jpg

This is so cool Bonnie.  Did you take the 5 photo's of the same person in different spots then blend the 5 together.  Did you use a blend mode? 

• Like 2

Susan, 1 photo is the background taken without people but with the Love letters. Then 4 photos of the person at each letter.  I tried to take all the photos from the same spot and angle. Came close but not perfect. Then I pieced them together, lined them up with the background, moved them around until they matched the background. Had to erase some areas but not too much. I need to do more work with blending. It was fun to do!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lab 6-6 

• Dingbat Riboon (vertical edges of frame)
  • Measuring Tape (left vertical edge)
  • Multicolor Ribbon (top/bottom of frame)

This layout didnt take to resizing well.  I had noise on the backgound and it came out really light.  The full size jpg is darker and the pspimage file is even darker still.  The text is much clearer in the full size versions as well.  I will post the larger one on FB. The fonts for the Title and the Quote are Abiyah (Creative Fabrica) and Arial Bold for the rest.  The quote is a Zen Proverb.  My photo of a recent hoar frost day that was also very cloudy and foggy.  The city is putting a new water reservoir in this park (where the trees are) so this might be the last time I got to photograph them.  

I also had a big help from the blog post (July 18, 2016) "Text on a path in PaintShop Pro".  And I loosely used ideas from the "Masterclass Scrap by Numbers".  The ribbons have the blinds texture added but it's hard to see in the small version.  

Edmo is Actually Edmonton (Alberta, Canada).  My friends who just moved here have taken to calling it "Edmo" and it has kind of stuck with me.  I live in the city of St. Albert at the North west corner of Edmonton, we are separated only by streets.

LAB 6-6 The Snow in Edmo-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 6-6 

• Dingbat Riboon (vertical edges of frame)
  • Measuring Tape (left vertical edge)
  • Multicolor Ribbon (top/bottom of frame)

This layout didnt take to resizing well.  I had noise on the backgound and it came out really light.  The full size jpg is darker and the pspimage file is even darker still.  The text is much clearer in the full size versions as well.  I will post the larger one on FB. The fonts for the Title and the Quote are Abiyah (Creative Fabrica) and Arial Bold for the rest.  The quote is a Zen Proverb.  My photo of a recent hoar frost day that was also very cloudy and foggy.  The city is putting a new water reservoir in this park (where the trees are) so this might be the last time I got to photograph them.  

I also had a big help from the blog post (July 18, 2016) "Text on a path in PaintShop Pro".  And I loosely used ideas from the "Masterclass Scrap by Numbers".  The ribbons have the blinds texture added but it's hard to see in the small version.  

Edmo is Actually Edmonton (Alberta, Canada).  My friends who just moved here have taken to calling it "Edmo" and it has kind of stuck with me.  I live in the city of St. Albert at the North west corner of Edmonton, we are separated only by streets.

LAB 6-6 The Snow in Edmo-600.jpg

Susan, very nice! That masterclass on Numbers is a useful one if needed

6 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Susan: That's a wonderful layout and interesting information. I recall a Master Class with this sort of idea of illustrating statistics. I'll have to go back and check that Lab out again, also!  

Thank you Ann, you recall correctly.  It's called "Scrap by Numbers".  The masterclass had cool icons too.  Remember, Carole used picklball as on of the layouts (in collaboration with Bonnie).  

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Susan, very nice! That masterclass on Numbers is a useful one if needed

Thank you Corrie, I agree and I was surprised that it came to mind to use.  I knew what picture I wanted to use but had no idea for a layout design.  the measuring tape was foremost in my mind and so I kept thinking how do i tie a measuring tape to this winter photo.  That's when i thought of the masterclass I'd seen and of course everyone talks about how much snow they get then it all started to come together.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

By looking at that project, it immediately made me think of that master class. Although it is not "typical scrapbooking", it is very meaningful and definitely tells a story! Maybe everyone needs to create one page of that type at one point or another!

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Remember, Carole used picklball as on of the layouts (in collaboration with Bonnie).  

Yes, I defintely needee Bonnie's help to get all those data!

On 1/18/2023 at 5:15 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Carole,  do you know where in Canada there is a good place to use, that makes nice quality books on nice paper.  

I have only used Persnickety Print, and I think they are from the US.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Cassel said:

By looking at that project, it immediately made me think of that master class. Although it is not "typical scrapbooking", it is very meaningful and definitely tells a story! Maybe everyone needs to create one page of that type at one point or another!

Yes, I defintely needee Bonnie's help to get all those data!

I was surprised that I did a layout like that.  I never thought I had enough of any information to do a page like it. Surprisingly I ended up with a lot more information and had to narrow it down to what would fit.   I was struggling with the design and I kept coming back to that class in my mind.  I am glad I did it though.  I can now see how useful it can be.  Apart from putting too much noise on the background, I am happy with the layout.  I never would've done it if you hadnt done that masterclass.  

• Like 1

Created the polka dot paper using a pattern I made (I'm sure I learned it from Cassel). The yellow stripes were simply rectangular selection on different layers flood-filled with the color from the original illustration by Bahar. The font is Morebig Sans found through the Free Design Resources newsletter. Lately I've been using drop shadows with zero blur to give my text a little more depth (don't know if that's the right word.). 

large.2027910662_FABDLAVeryDottyDay!600.jpg.119c31a070dcfb10e8eb00fa45823524.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 2
  • Love 5

I got started really late for this daily pic so I relied on my scrapbooking supplies. Found this gorgeous photo on Unsplash which is a wonderful resource; the photographer is Lane Jackman. I used a paper from the ALFLT Jan 2021 Blog Train for the background and another one to make the ribbons. The flower was also in the blog train. The layout was inspired by one of Marisa Lerin's templates from Digital Scrapbook, formerly Pixel Scrapper. The font is Sugarstyle Millenial free from dafont.

large.1757433473_FABDLBirdFeedinginthePark!600.jpg.5f489cb00ff924ece2399f3aaf55febe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

10 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I was surprised that I did a layout like that.  I never thought I had enough of any information to do a page like it. Surprisingly I ended up with a lot more information and had to narrow it down to what would fit.   I was struggling with the design and I kept coming back to that class in my mind.  I am glad I did it though.  I can now see how useful it can be.  Apart from putting too much noise on the background, I am happy with the layout.  I never would've done it if you hadnt done that masterclass.

Although a solid color for the background is totally fine, it can also be a place to add a "generic" winter scene and lower the opacity so the data still stand out. That is just another way to approach it.

Maybe i'll have to do a challenge of making a data layout! That could be fun!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Michele said:

Created the polka dot paper using a pattern I made (I'm sure I learned it from Cassel). The yellow stripes were simply rectangular selection on different layers flood-filled with the color from the original illustration by Bahar. The font is Morebig Sans found through the Free Design Resources newsletter. Lately I've been using drop shadows with zero blur to give my text a little more depth (don't know if that's the right word.). 

large.2027910662_FABDLAVeryDottyDay!600.jpg.119c31a070dcfb10e8eb00fa45823524.jpg

WOWZERS!  She's a beauty.  Did you also do the polka dots on the dress.  I like how the the dots in the middle are the black and white in one dot.  Very cool.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

WOWZERS!  She's a beauty.  Did you also do the polka dots on the dress.  I like how the the dots in the middle are the black and white in one dot.  Very cool.

Thanks so much for the WOWZERS, Susan. I have to give credit for the dots in the middle to the original illustrator, Bahar. But I have done half and half on some things I've done. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Michele said:

I love it, Mireille! Just added this to my favorites in the store!

Hi Michele

Contrary to my habit for creating my papers, I used the script on a 12" 3600x3600 image so that the script could put more pattern then I resized to 1000x1000 so that the texture of the patterns is visible and again resized to 3600x3600.

• Like 2