What are you working on (in January 2023)?

Cassel

Hi, Have to take things easy so have time to work through some of the Lab exercises so her is the latest offering number 6 06.

The background is a more a spring paper, I downloaded from somewhere, with the theme of cupcakes and baskets of daffodils. The ribbons are made following the instructions in Lab 6 06, using the Webdings text the bicycle is the letter "B" and the tape measure is also from the Lab 6 06. 

The photo's came from a night out over 20 years ago, so we all look a little different, my son is now 30, I won't tell him I used that photo of him.  

Lab 6 06 600.jpg

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Michele - I use point-to-point, connect segments, show nodes.  I use a tablet and pen (getting used to that).

I use my mouse on my laptop which is definitely not as good as a tablet and pen. I've never entertained a tablet and pen; as I told you earlier I cannot draw to save my life. LOL 

Edited by Michele
  • Like 1

I'm really happy with my creation for the DIY Challenge so I thought I"d post it in here too, so more could see it. It's my grandson, Will, and his wife and daughter, Magic, on the Mendocino headlands. My daughter, Debbie, took the photos. Aside from the ones with my family, the background is a composite of 2 photos taken at the time of the flowers on the headlands and one of the cliffs and the sea. Scallops were used liberally. ?

DIY-MENDO CREW_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I created this starting with one of the papers from Pixelscrapers freebee today (Watercolor-Time-Travel-Backgrounds-51580778) and cut out the center of the clock and added a background from Fire-in-Wonderland-Backgrounds-54289383 (also from creativefabrica but not a freebee) & I added swirls to it.

STEPPING INTO THE UNKNOWN 6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

33 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

I created this starting with one of the papers from Pixelscrapers freebee today (Watercolor-Time-Travel-Backgrounds-51580778) and cut out the center of the clock and added a background from Fire-in-Wonderland-Backgrounds-54289383 (also from creativefabrica but not a freebee) & I added swirls to it.

Wow! That's really eye-catching, Anne. Nice blending job. To me it looks sort of Victorian. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I had my alphabet printed and this is what it looks like. It arrived saterday and the company we had for my husban's birthday loved to see it, because in the beginning of last year I talked about this undertaking and asked for ideas.

That's beautiful Corrie!, is the size of the book square?
Those beautiful letters give it an extra touch.

What a great keepsale Corrie.  the book looks like it's really nice quality and the print quality looks nice a sharp.  What kind of paper is that (gloss, pearl etc and does the paper feel thick or at least substantial that is will stand up to time).  Is that a company from the US?  

Carole,  do you know where in Canada there is a good place to use, that makes nice quality books on nice paper.  

15 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

Being a big Doctor Who fan, I downloaded those time travel backgrounds, too. I love what you did with this one!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I just by chance hovered over a name in a forum.  Did you know a bunch of stats comes up? 

Yeah, although some of them were customized by me, a lot of those are part of the platform. Some are cute though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

I just by chance hovered over a name in a forum.  Did you know a bunch of stats comes up?  For instance, Michele, did you know you are a "Posting Machine". ?  You can hover over the badges to see what they mean.  

Hi Susan: Did you notice I changed my profile picture to something more current than my H.S. yearbook. Now it's your turn... ?

43 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Hi Susan: Did you notice I changed my profile picture to something more current than my H.S. yearbook. Now it's your turn... ?

Hahahaha, Ann.  I have wanted to put a picture up, even got my hubby to take one....ugh! I'm so pasty white that I look like corpse in pictures.  I wish I could find a pictue my niece once took.  I'm kinda leaning into the picture and I look like I'm a stiff dead body they propped up for the photo.  I have to say I love your smile.  I will make it my mission to try and find some kind of recent photo.  I'm not in front of a camera very often.  

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Yeah, although some of them were customized by me, a lot of those are part of the platform. Some are cute though!

They are cute.  And it's fun, I like stats.  It's like that one master class we did on infographics.

Hi all

Stencils : lab 13-01
Background pattern made with font dingbat : Seamless Pattern Various font A
Grunge overlays from Pixel Scrapper

Drapery made with brush + flower brush + festoon
bottle : shapes, brushes, gradient
Framed image duplicated 3 times and scattered

Image6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

22 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

What a great keepsale Corrie.  the book looks like it's really nice quality and the print quality looks nice a sharp.  What kind of paper is that (gloss, pearl etc and does the paper feel thick or at least substantial that is will stand up to time).  Is that a company from the US?  

Carole,  do you know where in Canada there is a good place to use, that makes nice quality books on nice paper.  

Susan thank you. The book has a good quality and the prints are very sharp indeed. It is on a kind of pearl paper which is very thick and therefor the pages are lying flat when the book is open. But I am sorry it is a Dutch company and I don't think they have an US branch. I make the books (I have more done by them) on line, so I imaging they will send their produce where ever you want, but it will cost you on postage to the US.

• Thanks 1