What are you working on (in January 2023)?

Cassel

6 hours ago, Michele said:

Thank you, Marie-ClaireFiona Cook, and Suzy. I almost didn't post it at all because it was not "scrapbooky." I'm glad if I could help some newbies!

Michele, I hope you keep posting your illustration type layouts.  I love the 60's-70's vibe of them and especially gratefull to see how you achieved it using "ingredients".  I think it's important to see all styles of layouts with PSP to open our minds to greater creativity.  You the know how it is, "we dont know what we dont know".  It's inspiring.  I have seen digital designs and often wonder how they were achieved, your explanation really shows how to look at individual elements and put them together in a cohesive package.  I love this group for the diversity of layouts.  Keep it up.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ran across this layout that I played with when doing one of the recent labs.  The window was "snowy window" and a freebie around Christmas 2021 and I removed the snow; the curtain top was something I was looking for to hide the top of the "netting" curtain I had used in that lab.  I'm not sure where it came from but was probably originally from PS.  All the rest is mine.

Summer-2_600.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Hope this works!!  My second post for 2023. Here are a few pictures my amigurumi crocheting characters that I made last summer. I did many more and did donate them. I also made some for the children in our area to give out at Halloween. If I am not in here, I am crocheting. 

Amigurumi-01-hb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

Lab 6-5

• Cartoon Words
  • Burst Shape
  • Halftone Pattern

Extra: Glitter frame is from the recent Master Class: Borders.  I used two frames (on 2 separate layers) that I was deciding between and then when i had them both on, liked that version best (happy accident).  Fonts are Grinched 2.0 from Creative Fabrica, fitting because the actual tree is very Dr. Seuss-like. Arial Narrow was used for the the date.  Photo's are mine.  

The "fur" boss was lots of help today, knocking my pencil off the desk about 10 times before taking it in her mouth and running away.  After a good chase I caught with her "stash" of her pencil and a pen I didnt know she had taken.  

it's really easy and quick to drag the photo's to here.

Lab 6-5 Hoar Frost-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

19 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Michele, I hope you keep posting your illustration type layouts.  I love the 60's-70's vibe of them and especially gratefull to see how you achieved it using "ingredients".  I think it's important to see all styles of layouts with PSP to open our minds to greater creativity.  You the know how it is, "we dont know what we dont know".  It's inspiring.  I have seen digital designs and often wonder how they were achieved, your explanation really shows how to look at individual elements and put them together in a cohesive package.  I love this group for the diversity of layouts.  Keep it up.  

Susan, your words of encouragement are both appreciated and inspirational. I'll try to remind myself to share other non-"scrapbooky" layouts.

• Love 1

On 1/13/2023 at 10:25 AM, Michele said:

Never underestimate what you can do by combining several different pics to make one cohesive project. Removed a few backgrounds, recolored the abstract background, and the font is Airport. It actually took me a lot longer than I thought it would, mostly due to the different proportions of the originals and my OCD need for perfection. ?

large.1250556762_FABDLBowlingNight!600.jpg.f967cd0d4941d4e3dd66ce43aac6702f.jpg

What a nice old-fashioned look! Love it!

• Love 1

OK.  I've been playing around ((SO OCD)).  I couldn't make the curved papers with the pen tool UNTIL I made the path go around the sides of the layer to meet with the beginning of the curve.  Then I could make the magic wand select the inside of the path in order to color the "curved paper".  Then trouble with using the Vector paint script - maybe it had to do with F11 ????  I'm not sure at this point.  I also used the Vector Tube script to make the chain edge and the rope edge.  The scalloped edge was made with the Vector Paint script.  So here are my results.  The 2nd layout shows how I had to go around the edge of the paper in order to make the different colored pages (I pulled the edge made with the rope forward - that's why it is not actually on the edge of the page).

My attempt at curved pages_600.jpg

My attempt at curved pages-2_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

My friend, Michelle, at a professional pickleball tournament. Center court is behind her in the larger photo. She is posing with pro player, Lucy Kovalova, in the smaller photo. Template 94 by Lady 22, Bourico Casper. Word art from Creative Fabrica.

2022 10 22 N2Grate Template 94 de lady22 600.jpg

Neat use of the broken frame!

• Like 1

Helen and Ann, my mom also made them and I inherited them after her passing.  Mostly animals and even a "rubber chicken".  When my nephew had a baby I gave him a couple of them, including the rubber chicken because he's the clown in the family (just like his dad - my brother).  

PS, the chicken's body was crocheted around an egg shape, remember the nylons that came in egg shaped containers, I think that is what she used.  

• Like 1

The topic on PSP Manics is frost but I thought I would post it here also. Hawaii Dreaming on a cold winter's day. All photos are mine, Maui Hawaii, my living room window and cloudy sky. The font is Script mt bold. The frost over the sunset was done with the overlay blend mode.

hawaii dreaming 1 15 23 6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

OK.  I've been playing around ((SO OCD)).  I couldn't make the curved papers with the pen tool UNTIL I made the path go around the sides of the layer to meet with the beginning of the curve.  Then I could make the magic wand select the inside of the path in order to color the "curved paper".  Then trouble with using the Vector paint script - maybe it had to do with F11 ????  I'm not sure at this point.  I also used the Vector Tube script to make the chain edge and the rope edge.  The scalloped edge was made with the Vector Paint script.  So here are my results.  The 2nd layout shows how I had to go around the edge of the paper in order to make the different colored pages (I pulled the edge made with the rope forward - that's why it is not actually on the edge of the page).

Mary Solaas, I also got OCD about creating the curve shape. I managed to get the shape I wanted (many times), but then that was the end of it. No selection tool worked for me without deleting the actual curve. I will now try with your helpful hint: selecting all the way around the sides of the layer. That makes sense. Good for you for sticking to it! Well done.

For today's daily theme I had these wonderful illustrations by Lorraine Dell Wood from her Flirty Hat series. I used a template from Corel and made it my own. In order to get the borders around the pics: 1) Merged each of the groups; 2) Selected the outside of each one with the magic wand; 3) Inverted the selection; 4) Select selection borders and flood filled.  I followed the Lined Paper tutorial in the Campus for the background. The font is RiotSquad, free from DaFont. I actually had a tough time picking a font and settled on this one as my deadline was quickly approaching.

large.385413699_FABDLNationalHatDay!600.jpg.8f6c231ad95a0d67b4f65c675c754291.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 5

18 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I absolutely love this, Mary. Not being gifted with drawing skills, I have a tough time using the Pen Tool. Do you remember which mode you used?

Hi Mary Solaas

I see that you have correctly applied the instructions I gave you on January 5, January 6 and January 13/01 following your desire to know how to proceed to reproduce the side paper (section Forums The Lab Lab 13 - 01 Stencil design). You went through the point-by-point description that I’ve known for a long time as if it came from you. Thank you for quoting me.(that’s a bit of irony).

Border.jpg

Border 2.jpg

Edited by mireille
  • Like 1
  • Love 1