What are you working on (in January 2023)?

Cassel

13 minutes ago, Marie-Claire said:

I have tried to make a side paper. Mireille showed to do that with the pen tool. I still find it a bit difficult to work with the nodes, but I am satisfied with the result.

I think you did a great job. Often, if you make fewer waves, or narrower, it makes it look "simpler".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the way home from The Ole Country Store we stopped at Messick's Farm Market. "Virginia is for lovers" is Virginia's slogan so you find these Love signs in lots of places. Messicks decorates theirs for the season. Of course, the quote at the top of the layout is a bit outdated but I like it and the sleep part fits me perfectly. I extracted the tree and train from the photo.

2023 1 4 Messicks Farm Bonnie 600.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

OK - still working on 2022's Alphabet Challenge.  Finished R is for Route 66.  Such a long road and so many interesting places to see and take pictures of.  I tried to take representative pictures of the places within the states covered, but I didn't have pictures of Illinois (on Route 66) although I've been over that road many times, and I didn't have pictures of the road in California since I've never been to Santa Monica (although I've been to Barstow - but no pictures).  Anyway - this is my take on the route.

R is for Route 66_600.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Hi everyone. Happy New Year! There are so many projects on display but I don't have a new one for January to show. Corrie in the Forum gave me the idea though so I am also using the freebie YearInReview to represent a sort of graphic annual expression of achievements last year from a couple of the Campus workshops that I attended: Masks, Templates.

The actual month names are not particularly relevant to the projects but they still represent the year.

Thank you Carole for your tuition and for the freebie/s.

YearInReview-2022Workshops.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

The Picture Tube Fireworks from Carole has been useful for me to illustrate memories of a picnic concert we went to in the summer last year, in the grounds of Highclere castle, Newbury, Berkshire. The evening ended up with a fireworks display so I have used my photos of a firework and the picnic. The picture tube was easy to use around the edge and I also added one singly for a splash.

To extend the main fireworks image and for a smokey effect I used Cassel's script cass-Dispersion. Thankfully the instructions for use appear in both the script description as well as during the various stages of application. Maybe I could have used a mask as an alternative?

For the main picnic photo I used Cassel's cass-curved photo script. Here though I found I couldn't get it to work on the photo layer within my main canvas but it did work by treating it as a separate image and pasting it into the canvas. 

Fireworks.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, fiona cook said:

The Picture Tube Fireworks from Carole has been useful for me to illustrate memories of a picnic concert we went to in the summer last year, in the grounds of Highclere castle, Newbury, Berkshire. The evening ended up with a fireworks display so I have used my photos of a firework and the picnic. The picture tube was easy to use around the edge and I also added one singly for a splash.

To extend the main fireworks image and for a smokey effect I used Cassel's script cass-Dispersion. Thankfully the instructions for use appear in both the script description as well as during the various stages of application. Maybe I could have used a mask as an alternative?

For the main picnic photo I used Cassel's cass-curved photo script. Here though I found I couldn't get it to work on the photo layer within my main canvas but it did work by treating it as a separate image and pasting it into the canvas. 

Fireworks.jpg

One of my favorite venues, Fiona. I'm a big fan of the tv series and films of Downton Abbey and this is where it (mostly) was filmed. Looks like great fun! 

Fiona, this is wonderful.  Thank you for explaining the techniques too.  I tried the curved photo script with not great results and then forgot to go back to figure it out.  I'll try it as a separate image first.  I am wow'd by the dispersion script.  I had often looked at that script but didnt know how I could use it.  What you have done with it is beautiful and really adds depth to the fireworks.  

• Like 2

Never underestimate what you can do by combining several different pics to make one cohesive project. Removed a few backgrounds, recolored the abstract background, and the font is Airport. It actually took me a lot longer than I thought it would, mostly due to the different proportions of the originals and my OCD need for perfection. ?

large.1250556762_FABDLBowlingNight!600.jpg.f967cd0d4941d4e3dd66ce43aac6702f.jpg

Bowling Night! 01.png

CM-Abstract_brush_pattern_4-01 graffiti.jpg

Bowling Night! 08.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Michele said:

Never underestimate what you can do by combining several different pics to make one cohesive project. Removed a few backgrounds, recolored the abstract background, and the font is Airport. It actually took me a lot longer than I thought it would, mostly due to the different proportions of the originals and my OCD need for perfection. ?

large.1250556762_FABDLBowlingNight!600.jpg.f967cd0d4941d4e3dd66ce43aac6702f.jpg

Bowling Night! 01.png

CM-Abstract_brush_pattern_4-01 graffiti.jpg

Bowling Night! 08.jpg

Michele: Thanks for showing all the "ingredients" in your creation. Amazing job! 

• Love 2

Great design Michele and it does help to understand your method seeing the component parts doesn't it.

Ann, I haven't seen the latest Downton Abbey series but I may borrow them from my sister in law who has the lot! Interestingly Carole sent an email that states that Picture Tubes can be set on separate layers. Will look into that one.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, fiona cook said:

Great design Michele and it does help to understand your method seeing the component parts doesn't it.

Ann, I haven't seen the latest Downton Abbey series but I may borrow them from my sister in law who has the lot! Interestingly Carole sent an email that states that Picture Tubes can be set on separate layers. Will look into that one.

Fiona: here's a screenshot of the picture tube settings. As you can see, on the far right there's a checkbox to choose separate layers for each application.

picture tube settings.png

• Like 1

Fiona, that fog is amazing! Dispersion script - I will definitely have to look into it!

Michele, that is also brilliant…could be a paid advertisement for anything from a bowling alley to the Good Feet Store! LOL! It’s just so perfect! 

• Love 1