What are you working on (in January 2023)?

Cassel

Date-01-2023.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in January, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyways.

Hi, First post of 2023 and my first attempt with word art and on a calendar something I haven't done for about 10 years. I use to produce calendars for family; each month had a photo of my wife and/or daughter then I had them spiral bound at a local print shop; all done with PSP . 

https://scrapbookcampus.com/invision/image/643-january-2023-600jpg/

Edited by Colin Hooson
delete a few words
  • Like 2

Hi, Still trying to find my way around this new forum layout. Had some time on my hands so did another lab, 6.04.

The layout template I downloaded from  6.04 and its called April 16. The silhouette was created from a photo of myself (It's rare for me to be in a photo because I'm normally behind the lens) and the banner was created form the download and used as the title .

large.1681585510_Labs604600.jpg.2b56207281263561468f974c0e52e8a2.jpg

• Like 10

Some more free time on my hands so worked on Lab 6-05. The "Burst" shapes were easy enough to make and I included one that was already in PSP shapes.

Making the "Halftone Papers" was fun and I experimented with a few, I also made two new gradients which has added more to my skills with PSP. 

The Cartoon words were really just duplicating and moving the lower layer a few pixels downward.

What is happening as I don't seem to be able to insert the URL from the image in the gallery as I did before and zhave to result to inserting the image direct into the post 

Lab 6 05 600.jpg

• Like 8

Here's the third in my Mushroom Series. This is the Turkey Tail, and the photos are from Debbie Lennox. I used Inspiration/Template U but made radical changes. I rotated the entire layout and then rotated the photos, also. The title font is Bodybuilder, the journaling is Copperplate Gothic. I used an enlarged part of a photo for the background and applied the Blue Spruce texture. The information is pasted from healthline.com/nutrition. 

TURKEY TAIL_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Hi, yes its me again, not able to move around too well so time on my hands. 

My wife Karen started an interest in sewing around the middle of last year. She has been attending night classes at the local college so half the spare bedroom is given over to her growing amount of materials; I have the remainder as my computer room/office. Karen has made a new years resolution to start to make here own clothes so she'll have some nice new outfits for the spring and summer.

The title are Jeans Patch alphers from Cassel, the journaling background and main background is from the The-Ultimate-Vintage-Bundle download called "vintage sewing papers" a free download from Creative Fabrica. The other elements are just images taken from the internet.

192364296_Newprojects600.jpg.1c78e564e2f3fe979740ebff6982e732.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Wow, Ann that is beautiful.  I got those templates (the ones on Christmas countdown right?).  The name of the mushroom is funny and yet does look like a turkey tail.  I read this amazing article on mushrooms and their underground network.  It was humbling to learn how connected nature is.  

Colin, your layout is perfect.  And so true, only in my house i have a complete room for crafts and then last year my husband moved out of his home office so I could turn that room into a photo studio.  he's now in the "cat" room.  He has gained two judgemental and demanding (of his attention) fur bosses in the move.?  Hoping you get back up to speed and can move around better soon.  You are very optomistic and have found a positive way to spend your down time.  

• Thanks 1

It took me a while, but I was finally able to create an album in the gallery and post the pic from there. Whew! I think I was using instructions from the archives and not from the new format. I'm still a little lost, but I'll figure it out sooner or later. ?

Most of the elements and the backgrounds are from Digital Scrapbook (Pixel Scrapper), For the Love of Chocolate kits by Sharon-Dewi Stolp. Cass's corner hearts punches really came in handy; gave the l/o just the touch it needed to break up the empty space. The "lovers" are characters from the game. The fonts are a duo called Flatface Haleys which was included in this week's freebies.

large.1205575158_FABDLHotCocoaDateNight!600.jpg.86539a01a9e130bcdf428265d075b5d0.jpg

• Like 4

Hi, It's 12th night, the night when all Christmas decoration should be taken down and in victorian times was celebrated by a family meal. Well yes my daughter came over and had a cup of coffee while helping us take down our decorations. Is anyone else who takes down their decorations etc today? It's considered bad luck to leave your Christmas decorations after today.

The background to this was a gradient with Effects> Artistic Effects>Halftones with the settings of square 22; Screen Angles 1. = 120; 2. = 103; 3. = 133; with the Use Overlay box ticked  and the Blend Mode set to Luminance. the Opacity of 55 and the Colour Scheme at RGB.

The photos are taken from the internet; the title text was a font called "NEWYEAR" with the journal text is just ARIAL.

12th night 600.jpg

Edited by Colin Hooson
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Colin Hooson said:

Hi, It's 12th night, the night when all Christmas decoration should be taken down and in victorian times was celebrated by a family meal. Well yes my daughter came over and had a cup of coffee while helping us take down our decorations. Is anyone else who takes down their decorations etc today? It's considered bad luck to leave your Christmas decorations after today.

The background to this was a gradient with Effects> Artistic Effects>Halftones with the settings of square 22; Screen Angles 1. = 120; 2. = 103; 3. = 133; with the Use Overlay box ticked  and the Blend Mode set to Luminance. the Opacity of 55 and the Colour Scheme at RGB.

The photos are taken from the internet; the title text was a font called "NEWYEAR" with the journal text is just ARIAL.

12th night 600.jpg

Whereas we always celebrated Jan 6th as 3 Kings Day + My Mother's Birthday! (the last the MOST important! ?) Our decorations were left up through the 6th and not taken down until after that significant date. 

Edited by Ann Seeber

I used one of Cass's Sports Card templates which I edited to fit my theme. That beautiful illustration is by Magali Barbe, inspired by Galliano, I think. I added a little texture to the background just to make it a little more interesting; I learned that from Sue Thomas. The font is, coincidentally, Unique free from 1001Fonts.

large.789459577_FABDLUniqueChic!600.jpg.c19e7d6a48b3cab6e57f2666e7b0c089.jpg

cass-Sports Card template 03.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5