Alphabet Album - Z

Cassel

Alphabet-Album.jpg

Have you ever made an ALPHABET album? It is a fun way to showcase photos or stories, but with an added twist.

This is finally the last week for this year-long challenge. How did you do? If you only discover this thread, don't worry about the timing as you can always start again, next year, or post your projects in any of the threads for previous letters.

So here is my Z layout.

z-dodo.jpg

Of course, you can use words in your own language too. I really had to cheat for this one as there are way too few words in French, starting with Z and none of them fit my photos.

Here are some other words that could be used as title/theme:

Zap, Zeal, Zealous, Zenith, Zest, Zip, Zoom, Zero, Zigzag, Zing, Zodiacoo, Zen, Zebrafish, Zircon, Zipper, Ziploc, Zoologist, Zucchini, and maybe a few more you can think of, even for proper nouns of places and people.

What will your Z layout be?

And if you followed us all year, this is the LAST ONE!

Congratulations!

Z is for Zip Stop, a local carryout in town for many years. It had a small table in it and there were retired men that would pop in to have a cup of coffee every morning and sit and chat. Alas, the family that owned it (and LaGrande Pizza which was "L") closed it several years ago. A family member passed away and the remaining family members decided to focus on LaGrande instead of Zip Stop since it was the original business the family owned

Z for Zip Stop.

The Z is for "Zwembad" (swimming pool). Since a couple of years my village has a new indoor pool called "de Banakker".  After a poll to choose a name the old name "de Banakker" was kept. I go swimming there every week in a course that originally was for people over 55 years and is now called "aquasports 50 fit", but has more or less the same exercises and trainers. It is good fun and helps to keep fit and I'm looking forward to going there again as soon as I get the ok from my fysiotherapist. It is a social thing as well because afterwards we have a coffee with a couple of people. During this year when we were doing the alphabet I asked my group if I could take some photos when they were starting the lesson and they kindly agreed. In the changing rooms section there is a very nice mural of an underwater world with fish and turtels.

I used a template and the colors of the photo to make a linoleum background which has a watery look and a plaid with the plaidmaker script.

I have enjoyed making this alphabet and probably will make a front page for it and has it printed. After all it is a kind of time document about the place where I live.

I intend to print my alphabet and made a cover for it. I used the template for 2021 by Carole but changed the upper 4 squares to a big rectangle to have room for the photo and the text. All the little photos come from the photos inside the alphabet pages. Now it is almost finished for printing, only one detail I want to do. The letter S about the station has photos of the staionsquare where the renovation isn't finished. It is now almost done and in a couple of weeks when the weather is a bit better I will take new photos and change the old for the new.