Skyline Picture Tubes 2

Brian Dowling

This family history website illustration features Skyline Picture Tubes 2.  Easy to use.  I used a set of curves created by the Waving script and followed those to get a line.  I use four layers of building's reducing the size by 50 pixels as they receded.  The buildings were then merged in with their grey layers.  I picked out windows in orange.  I duplicated the layers and converted the duplicates to whitish and raised them a little above the main layer to give a snow impression

I added a dark blue sky and thought about snow but in the end went for a string of stars.  I duplicate this line and heavily blurred the bottom, layer to create a glow.

The numbers 1, 2 and 3 were made using the Paintshop Christmas 7 snow on lettering tutorial.

This image will be on http://www.dowlingfamily.info only for the 14th December each year.

Other products used in this image are Custom Calendar; Acrylic Glitter (on the card logo); Holiday String Tubes (for the stars); Lifted Photo (for the 3 different curves in the gift tags); Lined Border (for the yellow line on the red numbers); Metallic Rope Tubes (for the ties on the gift tags); Waving Script (for the bases for the Skyline tubes).