December RANDOM Challenge - Complementary colors

Cassel

Random-Challenge.jpg

Here is a challenge to do something that might not be repeated in other months. Just an idea that popped like that (and you can also send me suggestions for occasional random challenges too).

This week, the challenge is all about using TWO Complementary colors from the Color wheel. Complementary colors are two colors that are exactly at the opposite of each other on the color wheel. Although they are opposite, they are meant to complement each other. Here are some examples:

ColorWheek-Challenge-Complemetary.jpg

How can you feature two complementary colors in a project? You can use two colors to create a title, to make double frames, to colorize various flowers to make a cluster, etc. Try to focus your project on two main colors.

So, what will you create?

Here's my entry for the December Random Challenge using the Corel freebie template – My Favorite Gifts. The font was part of the layout, so I don’t know the name. I’m including Carole’s color wheel. The family photo is from the year 2000 showcasing us and our nine grands. I added several overlays to its plain background.

This is my second page for this challenge.

As always, I've used my own photos.  Used one of my own envelopes and   note paper. I lifted the label, and created a mask.  A simple no fuss page.  The one colour which  determined my choice of colours,  was  taken from the clump of mustardy leaves at the top of the trees.

I got absolutely nothing else done today because I made myself do a "real" scrapbook page for a change. The inspiration was a template from the ALFLT August 2022 Blog Train by Ginger Scraps. The mandarin duck is a gorgeous bird and, no, I did not take the pics. I used the Cass-RibbonFactoryC script and the Cass-RibbonFlower script. I'm going to try to devote more time to scrapbooking and less to playing games; I blame my OCD. I got a real sense of accomplishment (after the frustration) when this was done! The journaling font is Give You Glory, free from Google Fonts.

Any suggestions on how to improve this are totally welcome and appreciated.

I'm also going for orange and blue! A couple of weeks ago the sun went down with a fantastic spectacle of orange colors and I was just in time to take a few photos from our upstairs window before the colors faded. It only lasted for a few minutes! I used my photo for the background with a blur and a duplicate with a mask to let the colors pop, made a frame with a radial blur script I once found somewhere  and the font is JT Fire One from Creative Fabrica which I have for some time and this is the opportunity to use it.