Christmas Balls 2

Brian Dowling

This is a family history website illustration featuring the Christmas Balls 2 script.  Simple to use with nothing to prepare or remember.  The difference with this and Christmas Balls 1 is only really the patterns being different, as far as I can see.  These seem a little more intricate but both scripts give pleasant and different results.  I used identical balls here to go with the twin's theme.  The second one was also reduced in scale a little.  I tilted them towards each other... but only a little so as not to render the shading too out of kilter with the light source.

I added some shading on the second ball by using drop shadow from the first on a different layer and then, making a selection of the second ball with the selection tool, I inverted it to delete the shadow everywhere else but on the second ball...

This image will only be shown on the 11th December each year on www.dowlingfamily.info.

Also used in this image: Custom Calendar; Acrylic Glitter (on the logo) and Ribbon Factory B (for the twin ribbons on the card).