What are you working on (in December 2022)?

Cassel

I was playing with a picture of Foxy from a few years ago. The Font is the one from Creative Fabrica today. The numbers in that font are not #s but the swirley things I used above and below the picture. The lights were adapted from the other C F freebee today (it does come with png files) I then put the glows behind the bulbs with a brush tip.

I was poking around on the Discovery Center and found instructions for making an Instagram template (they feature a holiday theme) that I decided to try for our drive-in theater business. We're currently closed for the winter, so I wanted to advertise that with something new on Instagram. I had fun using their tutorial to incorporate the new Frame tool and Art Media using the Oil Brush. (It helpfully also tells how to do a mask, but I didn't use that this time; it's geared towards earlier versions of PSP that don't have the Frame tool.) I used two snowflake brushes that I had, adding our logo and award ribbon. The snow was created with the Oil Brush. The colors are the same as our commercial website and the Corel offering is here.

PS-I did find one little glitchy thing. When using the Frame tool, which creates a group, I had to hide the actual frame as it added an unwanted line of multiple colors around each photo.

Because I have finished all my cards and calendars and it is really cold and frosty overhere I used the monthly free template from IWAS (International WordArt Studio) and combined it with the kit Wintermorning by DB Magnolia. On the blue paper I have and overlay with snow but reduced the opacity, I didn't want to overdo it with those snowflakes but in this reduced verdion it is hard to see.

Beautiful pages ladies.

If you want this word art, you can download it from the file section in the  Scrapbooking with PSP Facebook page. It's a large png file.

You can colourize it. You can select each scattered word, to move them around differently. I came across it in a friend's Facebook feed. I liked it, so created my own. Have some fun with it.

Lab 10 Mod 9 had some elements and papers that were geared toward fiesta. I did the projects, but made the colors bright with the colors used at Christmas - red, green, gold, blue. So - no snow, but the manger scene from Unsplash by Walter Chavez; the church scene from Unsplash by Pavel Neznanov; the diamond paper background was one of the papers to be made; the interlocking pattern (I would call it a Greek key design) was another paper to be made; the triangular banner pieces were the other element to be made. I stitched them together with the stitch in picture tubes (made some labs ago); the brads I had made earlier and recolored them for this layout. The template used was provided in the module by Henri Jean (not really like it was portrayed, but, hey, we have to improvise don't we??? I made the journaling wavy strip solid - it was just outlined in the layout. I chose to make the 2 pictures in masks with the Clip-to-it script and colored the mats framing them with the gold glitter pattern made in another lab. Christmas is almost here and I am far behind where I usually am at this time in the season. I made some cards for relatives and some of them used the layouts in our last workshop.

Have enjoyed all the beautiful things you all have done and posted.

Oh, by the way, my great, great granddaughter was born on 12/13/22 - Adeline is her name and she is a beauty.

I was looking at a snow globe picture yesterday and This silly idea popped into my head  and this is what I came up with using various clip art etc downloaded over the years. There is hope that Santa may visit some of us this year because he has escaped from that snow globe.

Thank you all. It has been a wonderful week and I got to hold baby Wade yesterday. What a delight!

I've been having fun trying to figure out how to do that special deal with the script text and making a place for background in back of it. Well, I finally figured it out and this is the result. The picture is of some of the decorations my granddaughter (mother of Wade) has put out for Christmas. Yes, I extracted it. The background snow scene is from Marissa Lerin (PS). The rest is mine.

Such novel ideas! And congratulations, Mary!

Here is what I'm working on. No shadows on this, so I want to see what happens when it lands in a gallery situation.  I'm not sure  it needs shadows, or not, but it gets submitted to community calendars, which in essence is a gallery.

This is 600 x 450 px. Meh. It's blurry.  So I sharpened it - still blurry.

Does anybody know?  Which is the best way to drastically reduce size? bicubic, smart size, AI?

ucmnua4xwguxh0j1p5mybulbabelnzmu.jpg

I nipped a couple of pics from google for this; I believe they are sketches from Giorgia Couture. The background needed a little pizazz so I added a bunch of sparkles. The font is Brock Script, free from 1001Fonts. I just love the uppercase letters and the alliteration of the W's really stood out for me.

It's not really special, scrapbook-wise, but I thought it was pretty.