What are you working on (in December 2022)?

Cassel

Date-12-2022.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in December, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.

if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).

if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!

if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyways.

The second of my Dec 2022 calendars is for my Big Cat collection, this one from the Wildcat Sanctuary in Sandstone, Minnesota. Introducing Shadow, one of my favorite cats, the black leopard. Shadow, is getting along in years but, as typical of black leopards, is still very feisty. The templates were offered last  year and I add a background and texturize the frame and calendar.

Wow fire and snow  cool picture     I am still trying to get a list done

needed to find refind my scripts Got that done  card 3  still need 4 and so on

and to unzip my Script I bought on making Masks   Schools hard lol  but love it  I am a Diamond I think I hope, if not will be soon as I find out lol

I wanted to try out the new snowflake picture tube, so I took Cassel's snowy window and added a snowy photo behind it. The photo was filled with bright sunshine, so I re-colored the sky with the Paint to Target Brush, taking the color from another photo I found of darkened sky. I lowered the opacity a bit on the photo and on the layer with the snowflakes. Ta-da!

Thank you for the Snowflakes Carole.

Created what I call a  cornered frame. Played around with some effects on the frame. Antique mosaic, ( snowy effect) straw wall,  (icy effect) to  depict  snow and ice.  To achieve a  soft cold dreamy effect. Added a  blur and lowered the opacity slightly on the snowflakes. A simple  flat card. 5x7.

Here are a couple of things I did last month, but forgot to post.

Gotta Be the Hair: I grabbed a color palette from color-hex.com and used the Change to Target brush on copies of the original b&w photo. The background paper was made using a reflection texture on a couple of different layers. (Wish I had made note of the settings; I always think I'll remember, silly me.) The font is Vogue.

Silver and Gold: I used a tip that I recently learned from Carol ~ If you hold shift when you rotate the pivot handle, it automatically rotates 15°. I don't remember how many layers I had, but I think I missed a couple. The font is Streetwear. I used drop shadows to highlight and shadow everything.

I spent way too much time trying to create what you see here. I had to ask for help too. I got it done, but I realize how flat it all looks, because I forgot to add shadows or bevels. But I stuck with it and did it. It's all grist for the mill (or a learning experience), right? The friend I made it for didn't seem to notice (or was too polite to say!).

It's lovely  as it is Julie.  I see what you mean  by  the   baubles looking flat.  Had I have know I would  have directed to  Effects, artistic effects, balls and other bubbles.  Single bubble.  It's easy to create your own realistic baubles, using  this tool.

Background : coming from a blogtrain (2017) at digital scrapbooking, Designs by Magnolia, I changed the color with Adjust, Hue/saturation/lightness

Children playing : extracted from an old postcard.

Mask : I downloaded it once in 2016, I don't remember where and from whom.

Frame: Frosty Frame, freebie from Carole.

Snowflake picture tubes from the Christmas countdown, thanks Carole.

Font : Nostalgia from Creative Fabrica

Christmas tree : Lab 12-12

Photo of my dog from 2021, so far we haven't seen snow this year.large.22_12_02_ChristmasTree-Lab12_12_60

I had 4 photos that my daughter in California took at Thanksgiving, so I "borrowed" Corel's freebie (with a lot of edits!)

Here are the details copied from the Image Information:

MY FAVORITE GIFTS COLLAGE - COREL FREEBIE

FONT: VALENTINA - EARTH 4 GRADIENT - INNER BEVEL

BACKGROUND: ENLARGED PHOTO - GAUSSIAN BLUR

PHOTOS BY DEBBIE LENNOX

GIVE THANKS STICKER FROM MY CLIPART LIBRARY

Today I tried the Folded Paper Christmas tree from Lab 12 Module 12.

Background : Digital Scrapbook - Lady22, free kit 2021

Frame : from Sue Thomas

Star : is a Tube

Christmas tree : Lab 12 - Module 12, Folded Paper Tree

Paper of the tree : Chantahlia design (Green Star Confetti)

Photo : of course...my dog Poncho ?

large.471892809_22_12_03_Lab12_12_Folded

The pic with the tree was free from Vectorstock. I used some papers I had gotten a few years ago from Kelsey Inspired Studios to create the frame, ribbons, and text. The font is Orange Fizz. The ladies near the tree are my avatar and the one on the left is one of the characters from the game. I had some other ideas, but as usual, I ran out of time. :)