November SKETCH Challenge (2022)

Cassel

Sketch-2022-11395.jpg

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration, and trying to recreate projects we admire. Sometimes, we can be inspired by finished projects, but sometimes, we also have to use our imagination to interpret something.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to envision something from a "boring" base, and you will have to imagine the end result differently. The sketch is only a written idea, and you can fly with it, modify it, and customize it to fit your vision, your photos, your supplies, etc.

Sketch395.jpg

Although each rectangle might be used for photos, they can also be used with decorative papers, map papers, etc.. Be creative.

And if you want more information on using sketches, check out this article.

Bonnie although our subject is very different for the layout we have thought along the same line!

I was still experimenting with the blending techniques and made this composition of 3 mushrooms. It happened to fit nicely into the sketch layout, so I took it from there and found 2 more mushroom photos in my collection. The background is made from a photo unto which I applied a big gaussian blur, different blend modes and a rainy overlay. The fonts are Bell MT and Better Valentina.

Here's my interpretation of the Sketch Challenge. I turned it 90 degrees and combined two of the placeholders into one to give me a total of 3 photos. I dipped into a new mega kit I got from Janet Kemp on digitalscrapbook.com. It's called In the Moonlight. I used a background paper and a paint splash and several washi tapes. I also got a brad from the Ladybug kit, since Magic's tea set has ladybugs on it. The tea set was found on Facebook Marketplace and seems to be quite old. Magic made cookies with her Nana Debbie, just for the tea party. Debbie is my daughter and Magic is my great-granddaughter. Her father is Debbie's son, Will and they live on the opposite coast in California.

Magic's Tea Party and Cookie Bake