What are you working on (in Nov 2022)?

Cassel

Utilizing Carole's freebie SLATS. I was waiting to use this great photo of my great-grand, Magic and her mother, Lucy. The block alpha is from cass. The heart is from a Valentine's kit. The date font is Aviation Cocktail Aged 1. I used a lot of inner bevels. Hopefully, I'll learn how to do shadows on a black background soon!

large.magic-lucy-slats-10-26-22_600.jpg.

I'm making headway on my cards.  The sort of theme for this year, is to keep it simple, favouring my favourite colours, earth tones with a hint of a  Victorian feel to them.  I've done several  different  templates.  To add an extra touch to this simple front cover, I  used a sellotape that I  had  created some time ago, to  hold down the   embellishments.

Sue as usual fantastic and I like the simple touch as a theme for this year's cards very much. I have to start on mine, but due to my health problems I haven't done much this last 7 weeks. I managed to finish my calendars but I still have to print hem. Hopefully the coming workshop on cards will give me some ideas. In the mean time I'll enjoy everybody's work.

Corrie, thank you. I trust you will make a full recovery in time. I suppose it's a case being patient, in order for the body to repair. I'm making progress at a steady pace. Like you I have to print my calendars. The 2 advent calendars, are finished, and the reusable labels have been added. I will post them on Wednesday. In ample time for 1st December. There was a time when I could rely on the postal services to deliver within a specific time frame. Not any more.

After watching today's masterclass on blending.  I thought I'd  I show you some  examples of   the pages I have created using the  same techniques  demonstrated today.   I  have always  used masks, and adjustment layers, as Carole said, they  can be  reopened at any time to be edited.  I suppose I do have some advantage.  I  always use my own photos, which  more often than not means that the backgrounds are almost identical or at least very similar. Especially when the shots are taken in the same area on the  same day.  Correct  lighting should always be taken into account when blending,  for the best  realistic blend result.

I guess the format here in the Forum has changed because the images don't open nicely in a larger version when I click on them. Of course, posting the link from the Gallery gives a much larger version but I'm still struggling to get those aligned with my text here in the Forum.

And Carole Cassel: as I mentioned, the Selection tool set to Fixed size is giving me headaches as it won't acknowledge the new, larger image I want to work with. Many times I have more than one open in my PSP and it seems to get stuck on a previous, smaller size and won't adjust to the image I have newly activated. Sometimes, in frustration, I end up closing my PSP2022 down altogether and re-opening with just the image I was attempting to use the selection on. Hoping for a tip or trick to fix this. Thanks.

We tend to focus on inner bevels so I thought I would show any newbies what can be done with the 3D Outer Bevel effect. I don't know how visible the effect is in this 600 pixel pic, but I used it around the party pic and the text. The background is simply an enlarged version of the party pic blurred (gaussian) with a 75 radius. The font is EightTrack, free from fontspace.

I do admire your work Michelle. You page is great, as always. I agree, myself included, tend to use the inner bevel more. Although I do use the outer bevel in many of my frames and framing. It looks great on the text. I use the dimension script a lot, for 3D effects, especially on text and shapes.

Sue, what I love the most in your projects, is how you often let something of your subject come across a frame, I can't quite translate what I mean, it's like in your project of the house sparrow female. the tail comes over the frame, it's always so beautifully extracted. What tool/technique do you use if I may ask?

Marie-Claire, thank you for the kind words on my work. I'm pleased that you and many others notice, as they are meant to be small subtle details, that give that special touch to a page.

Carole refers to that technique as out of bounds. There is a masterclass on it.

Extract the area using the eraser tool. Very very carefully, I might add. Leaving one pixel behind will destroy the effect. Move above the frame. It's imperative that everything retains its original sizes and position. These are the basic steps. I will use other tools and techniques depending on the project. I u always use a mask when I do extracting. Check out the masterclass called Out of this world.