What are you working on (September 2022)?

Cassel

Here's a Green Heron in watercolor style with a fall overlay that was a Corel freebie this week. They had a TON of freebies! I created the double frame, first with one filled with a red wood pattern which I then make green using the Change to Target brush. (Love that tool!) Then I added the outer frame using off-white. I used a little inner and outer bevel and finish up with buttonize on both.

Edit: forgot to put shadows on the overlay.

Hi, I've had a few goes at doing something around "Money" and to my surprise I discovered that you can't use an image of a bank note in PSP, not even when you use such an image as a cut out as in the last webinar. Carol put me right most image editors will not allow the use of bank notes, just in case you try to forge some, silly me. So out of frustration I threw this together, and thank you to Carol for the templates came just in time.

I decided to play with  PSP this afternoon for a short while.  The photo is an old one I took,  which I found  on the laptop I have with me.  Looking at the Bingo Challenge I decided to create a page  using 3 of the  elements instead of all five on the top row.  Hence posting  it here.   Stitched element, scotch tape and  round label.

Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Maverick Paolucci, ie: my granddaughter and new grandson-in-law. I used the Lab 12-9 for its template and how to do a cutout vector shape. The font is Biker Whiskey and I applied a Weave texture to the top and bottom papers that I filled with the colors of the girls' dresses in the wedding party. I used a photo of the wedding flowers as a seamless tile to fill the background that shows through on the diagonal and the cut-out heart. The black bear is their spirit animal ever since their son, Logan's, gender reveal almost 2 years ago.

Sue nice to see that you have not "forgotten" us here in the Campus. You may have only an old laptop with you without all your supplies but the result is as stunning as ever. I hope you love your stay at home and your kids and the grandkids. Have a really good time and we are looking forward to welcome you back with new wonderful photos.

Thank you Corrie, and Susan. I pop into the campus a couple of times a week. As usual it's as busy as ever. With so many wonderfully creative pages being posted.

Corrie, I'm having a wonderful time. Finally got to meet Merryn for the first time, and celebrated her 2nd birthday. What a delight the girls are to be around. I commute between Haverfordwest, West Wales and Cornwall by train. I love a train journey. It takes 8 hrs, but much less stressful than driving on the UK roads. I'm currently in Wales with my daughter but going back to Cornwall for Ffion's 4th birthday in October, for 4 weeks before flying back.

Hi Carole, Here are  a couple of moon shots of the process, it was a special  night, I think  some kind of eclipse. I had a  new camera with a great telescope on it.  I was very impressed of how well the photos turned out.  I think this is 1st photo and last photo. These are genuine photos, no touching up. I just supported my wrists  on the back fence to  steady camera

Here are some moon shots.  I love the moon and the sky and clouds.  I don't have a long lens for this as I shoot mainly in the studio these days around 35-85mm.  I have a very old zoom lens, not image stabilized and not a sharp lens to begin with.  But I shoot the moon for fun anyways.  My favorite is the "day" moon, when you see it as white against the blue sky.  The layout shown here is from the templates workshop and they are old shots of the moon from when I lived in BC (Canada). Out my front window if you can believe that.  The other two are the same moon seconds apart on Sept 9th around 3:45am when the moon was on its way down.  here's the funny apart about the color.  I had been shooting in the studio, so I had a custom white balance (5500K approx) set and forgot to switch to auto white balance.  The darker yellow was more accurate for what it actually looked like.  I like the lighter version better as I like the moon when it's whiter looking, except for the beautiful red ones in this forum.  They are gorgeous!

Well, aren't I slow of brain today.  I put up the wrong photo's, here is the right two, with my oops-I-left-it-on- custom white balance and the camera's AWB (yellow!  too yellow for me!).

Sue, I never thought about the moon rotating (I know, Duh!).  Your version is the rotation I like best, with the circle at the bottom.  Just seems right that way.  I did use my tripod...in the middle of the street no less and cable release..later because I forgot it in the house, and I was down the street.  Eventually went back to get it.  I use a cable release a lot working in the studio.  Wish I had the wireless variety though.  I did use the self-timer, but it takes longer and can also cause vibration.

Your shot is beautiful and crisp.  And I remember that layout you once did with all the moon phases and information on it.  It was brilliant.

Thank you Susan,  your comment is very much appreciated.  You have a  good memory, I  have posted several moon   projects over the years, including the  one with the  moon phases. I also did one  naming all of the  moon's craters and mountain ranges.

I use the  self timer, of 2 seconds, when using the  external shutter cable or  hand held  shots for still photos.

The name of the  'circle at the bottom', as you referred to it, is Copernicus, which is a large crater.  It's the only one I can always remember  of the top of my head.

My church had a camera club that would meet once a month from Sept to June back in 2009/2010. The guy that led the group was always entering photos into exhibitions and winning awards. That is where I learned a lot about taking the camera off of auto. One night when I walked out, there was a gorgeous harvest moon. I had my camera with me but not a tripod. I will admit that I used Auto on this photo since it was the beginning of my journey learning. And, my camera was a Canon S3IS so nothing real fancy. I leaned back against my SUV, held my elbows tight against my body and took a photo. Being dark I couldn't tell how good or bad it was. I took more when I got home then I downloaded and looked at them.

The ones at home were not good, but the one at the church...

I guess this answers the question about if I have ever take a photo of the moon.  My camera has setting for different things and one of them is MOON.  It also has a 42X zoom.  I have probably hundreds of moon photos from the last several years since I got that camera.  It does not have a way to use an external shutter cable so the only thing I can do is use the short self timer to try to get it still while holding the cam.