What are you working on (September 2022)?

Cassel

Date-09-2022.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in September, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.

if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).

if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!

if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better quality image than the resized image anyways.

New month, new Big Cat Calendar. For September we have a pair of African Lions. They are the only big cats that live in family groups and the male defends his territory and sires the new generation while a group of females do all the hunting. These calendars are from Cassel's yearly templates. They just need a photo and some color. I have posted a .jpg in the Files section of the Facebook group. It prints out at 8.5" x 11"

I am a bit late with the scraplift challenge in the last days of Augustus so I post it here. I had the flowerpaper in my stash and made the other 2 and the ribbon with the ribbonfactory script and I'm very glad I bought the raster to mask script. I know perfectly well how to do it but the script saves a lot of time. I have done this technique so many times that it becomes a bit boring! The photos are taken last weekend in the gardens of Appeltern (DE Tuinen van Appeltern), a very extensive area with many show gardens and materials and planting. Monique has once showed something about these gardens in a project too.

Lynda, love Lucy, all pets are million dollar pets arent they.

Ann, I love your framed works, they look so real.  That is really pretty.

Bonnie, I learn so much and had to laugh at some of Wisdoms of Picklball....Get to the Kitchen/ Stay out of the Kitchen -hilarious.  I really love that Words of Wisdom, it's very pretty.

Here is a photo layout.  The top 1/2 is the actual top 1/2 of one of the three photo's used.  The bottom left and right magpies are two separate photo's and I lined up the power line.  They all kind of look like they are extracted but only the middle bottom magpie is extracted, which was sitting on the green corrugated fence.  I desaturated to make more of a black/white/grey layout and to match the magpies with the crows. I left a touch of blue in the sky.  My friend (since I was 12) is actually 57, the 7 is a joke on our age and also the days of both of our birthdays (7th - different months).  The extraction took a long time, there was stray marching ants everywhere.  It's the one bird least looking like it was extracted.

Thank you, Susan. All of the sayings are actually strategies. The position of power is at the kitchen line and the game is won and lost there. However, you are not allowed to hit a ball before it bounces if you are in the kitchen, AKA, the non-volley zone,  so we say stay out. However, you can go into the kitchen all you want...just don't hit a volley. Pickleball rules are a mess and can be difficult to learn. When I teach people to play, I teach the rules as we play...