Corel Photo Contest

Cassel

In May 2022, Corel is holding an ANIMAL PHOTO AND ART CONTEST and you are encouraged to submit some of your work.

If you do, please, share the link to your submissions with us. You can also include a RESIZED version of your submission in this thread. We can then all go and like your submission!

I know that Lynda and Fiona already submitted some projects.

I submitted three photos for the contest, following Carole's reminder about it:

The first is of Jakey my cat who looked like he was having a laugh. I used the selection technique we learned about in the Campus 'Fantasy World 2' utilising the Edit Command icon in the Layers Palette. I added a drop shadow and then put him on a new background that contrasted with his fur colour.

The second photo is one I took above the railings at Paradise Wildlife Park in Hertfordshire, England, of a resident White Kruger Lion. I loved his mane and his proud expression. I used PSP to brighten up the mane with Hue & Saturation\ Vibrancy. Then used the Depth of Field feature to blur outside of his mane.

The last photo I submitted for the contest is an amusing shot of Southern White Rhinos from Longleat Safari Park, Wiltshire, England. I used PSP to brighten up with Vibrancy and also removed a distracting rock with the Object Remover tool.

Thank you Carole for reminding us about the competition. As a result, when I started to look through some of my photos I thought they could be of interest and then used PSP to retouch or adjust.

I have now submitted:

1. Jakey my cat looking like he is having a laugh. I made a selection of him using the method Carole used in her Fantasy World 2 class utilising the Edit Command icon in the Layers Palette. I then put him with a Drop Shadow on a new background.

http://What A Laugh! - Corel Discovery Center

2. A White Kruger Lion, resident of Paradise Wildlife Park here in Hertfordshire in the UK. We could take photos from above the railings and his expression was so proud. I loved his mane so I brightened it up a bit in PSP with Adjust\hue & saturation\vibrancy and then used the Depth of Field feature to blur outside of the mane.

http://A good hairday - Corel Discovery Center

3. The amusing southern white rhinos were at Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire, England. I used PSP to brighten them and their background and to remove a distracting rock with Object Remover.

http://Bottoms Up! - Corel Discovery Center

• 3 weeks later...