Do you have a collection of pocket cards? If you have embraced the pocket card movement I'll bet you do! You may even have a lot of them!
Thankfully digital designers have also embraced the pocket card trend. Digi scrappers and hybrid scrappers can enjoy the versatility of pocket cards too.
Pocket cards are great! Scrapbooking with them is quick as a flash, just slip some photos and cards into pocket pages and "presto!" your layout is done!
But… is that really all you can do with pocket page cards?
If you are ready to take your pocket cards to the next level here's 10 creative ways to take your pocket cards out of the pocket! Most of these tips can be applied to traditional, digital and hybrid scrapbooking.
10 Creative Ways to Take Your Pocket Cards Outside the Pocket
10 Ways to Use Pocket Cards Outside the Pocket
1. Cut pocket cards to create new embellishments for your layout.
2. Use the pocket cards to embellish a 12x12 layout.
3. Cut a piece from a duplicate card to use as a pop-up.
4. Use a pocket card as the title on a 12x12 page.
5. Use washi tape to create a folding pocket card.
6. Place half of a card OUTSIDE of the pocket for interaction with hidden journaling.
7. Create custom cards using elements from other cards.
8. Decorate your cards with stickers or other embellishments.
9. Use punches to alter or add to your pocket cards.
10. Add finishing touches, like wood veneers, to embellish a pocket page layout.
I hope you'll be inspired to use your pocket cards in new ways. I'd love to hear your best tip for working with pocket cards. Leave your best tips and tricks in the comments. I share useful tips like these and more regularly at Scrapbook Wonderland. I'd love to help you create scrapbooks you love.
Thank you Carole for allowing me to share my pocket card ideas.
Let your creativity shine!
P.S. I have a BONUS pocket card idea for you at Scrapbook Wonderland. CLICK HERE for the bonus idea!
Thanks Alice for this fun post. Now, tell us how you will be using your pocket cards, in paper or digital. Even better, link us to your project in the comments below!